Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Gash

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Think it's an old story about the three teams and £300m that's been speculated about for ages and now some media are running with it.
NickNack

CannockPricey wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:05 pm I can't see how suing Everton would work. Everton have been punished and deducted ten points (whether that is upheld or not will be seen in due course) so haven't got away scot free.

The issue for Burnley/Leicester etc would be the timing of the penalty which falls upon the body doing the investigation and imposing the penalty, not the party receiving it.

They may or may not have a case but I just don't follow how it could be against us.
Exactly what I posted earlier. We’ve been punished - if the timing’s wrong, that’s on the PL so sue them
Shogun

I'm not sure how they could sue us anyway. It says in the final report that the Premier League tried to fast-track the punishment to last season and were denied by the independent panel because it would be wholly unfair. That's nothing to do with us.

Surely Burnley and Leicester can't both have a case for different seasons, it'd have to be one or the other. Considering we don't choose when it happens then I'd say Burnley are the only ones.
howard1334

Audrey Horne wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:34 pm Is it confirmed then? The being sued for 300 mil? or is it bullshit click bait?
Wait until you see some rigorous legal analysis discussing the nature of the civil claims and likelihood of prevailing before getting too worried about this.
Bluedylan1

howard1334 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:35 pm
Audrey Horne wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:34 pm Is it confirmed then? The being sued for 300 mil? or is it bullshit click bait?
Wait until you see some rigorous legal analysis discussing the nature of the civil claims and likelihood of prevailing before getting too worried about this.
Does it have to be rigorous? What if it was haphazard and ill considered?
AjaxAndy

Great clickbait article in The Mirror someone sent me earlier says we face an additional 9 points deduction too.

Thankfully that'd only be if being sued an amount we couldn't afford which put us in adminstration... So if you see any links about a further 9 points you can safely ignore.
777Kidnappings

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:47 pm Great clickbait article in The Mirror someone sent me earlier says we face an additional 9 points deduction too.

Thankfully that'd only be if being sued an amount we couldn't afford which put us in adminstration... So if you see any links about a further 9 points you can safely ignore.
Does the 300m we get sued for come off our ffp too?? Did we get a fine?? Does that come off our ffp??

Isn't ffp about protecting clubs. It's made us pretty safe hasn't it.
MexicanToffee

Fuck ‘em all, fuck em all,
Their lawyers, their courts and their ball
Fuck all the refs and their miserable lives,
fuck all the media and their bollocks for lies,
Because we’re giving our all to the team,
As back up the table we’ll scream
You’ll get our devotion and loads of emotion so cheer up my lads and fuck em all.
Cereal Killer

777Kidnappings wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:52 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:47 pm Great clickbait article in The Mirror someone sent me earlier says we face an additional 9 points deduction too.

Does the 300m we get sued for come off our ffp too?? Did we get a fine?? Does that come off our ffp??

Isn't ffp about protecting clubs. It's made us pretty safe hasn't it.
Almost got there

Once it’s completely fucked us, they can go “oh it’s not working how it should, let’s change it/scrap it” and hey presto, City, Chelsea and anyone else get off scot free
Trowel

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1725995624871391528
AjaxAndy

Could an unlikely positive of this be that we fight it in the courts and sustainability rules are found to be unlawful, and the whole FFP circus finally come to an end?
Escla

Can Moshiri afford a £300 m fine then if that were to happen ?
Escla

weimaranerblues

Escla wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:43 pm

Think you already know the answer to that
777Kidnappings

Surely a fair ffp punishment would be a fine of the amount you've gone over and a reduction from the 105m you're allowed going forwards. The fine also comes off the ffp. That way people are stopped because you lose more spend then you've gained. It seems at odds with fairness that teams lose season changing amounts of points for a first offence.

Also shouldn't the punishments whatever they are have been outlined beforehand
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic