Today's Football 2023-24

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Cods

Re: Today's Football 2023-24

Audrey Horne wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:23 pm It's not insight though? It's pure regional bias?

I'm not arsed if he has played for teams with big rivalries or not. He has missed the point from his.clubs fans and make himself look a bit of a fool.

Also where are the constant derogatory comments?! Writing that they don't think he is a good manager or has let it go a bit ? Bit weird to say that Cods.

No one is really that arsed about Spurs or the manager to dis credit him or whatever.....it's literally just commenting on stuff happening.
I think it's fair to say that not many on here knew much about him. Most misjudged him initially, and in my opinion continue to do so (incl. the media which I believe is then somewhat parroted by fans on social media).

Some of his history I've raised to provide a bit of insight into his character and the way he works.

That's fine, you're more interested in other things, the Scottish football thread is almost exclusively driven by Gash, Brap dreams of better days with Iwobi. We all post about stuff we think we know enough about to comment, or are interested in. All good.

The comments relate to media mis-takes, piss takes, and maybe even subtle indignation, and in truth not exclusively toward Postecoglu, many managers even our own have to endure it.

One that sticks in the mind that I'm sure you've heard when Ange was asked whether he could one day see himself lifting trophies, to which he deadpanned, "Mate, I've got real pictures of them." partly in response to the implication that winning is new to him.

Probably more condescending than derogatory, poor choice of words, my mistake there Liz.

Just as most might argue for their favourite player I'm arguing for perhaps my favourite manager.
Cods

Audrey Horne wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:15 am I think what you're saying is crazy tbh but it really doesn't matter 🙂
We'll agree to disagree :handshake emoji:
Bluedylan1

I'm a fan of Ange, I have always liked and defended him on here and I think Spurs will do really well if they give him time and money to buy the players he needs for his style.

It's not true that he can't adapt. He adapted against City, and played a very different system with Sarr almost playing in the no.10 role, to press Rodri and make it hard for City to play through midfield. He probably should've adapted his approach a bit earlier in the season, when players like Udogie were out, but it's all a learning curve.

But I still think his comments this week were spectacularly misguided and ill-timed.
Cantoffee

Shogun wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 pm Should be independent medics that assess these things, it's a joke he continued playing.

Yes this should be punished. It seems like they didn't want to use a concussion sub because then he's got to sit for 10 days.

So they got him playing and then subbed him off a few minutes later as a non head injury substitution.
Cereal Killer

Ahhhh Unai Emery wanting to turn Villa into title contenders, bless

Clearly a manager kept in the dark about FFP
Toffee1

Gash

Bolton 2-0 down to Oxford Utd, big bottle job if they don't come up, at one point they had several games in hand to go top and probably should have secured automatic promotion, now they've 45 minutes to turn it around in the play off final.
Toffee1

Cereal Killer

Cmon Wolves, 5-0 win from horrible route one bullying football
Cozzie

City 2-0 that will be that.
Shogun

Jesus

Shogun

Brilliant end to the season from Palace. The formation Glasner has set up to have Olise and Eze as floating inside wingers behind the striker has transformed them.
Gash

Some league, same winner four years in a row and 27 points would have had you safe.
Bluedylan1

I think it's a great league on the whole. Massive teams like Man U and Chelsea struggling all season, despite the money they've spent, clubs like Villa and Spurs jockeying for places high up, a 3 way title race for most of the season, clubs like Palace, Bournemouth and Brighton all have lots of quality and can beat anybody on their day.

Way better than other European leagues.

City are a bit of an outlier, because of their finances and because they have one of the greatest managers ever, but soon as he goes (which I think will be fairly soon), they'll be back into the pack with the other clubs.
Toffee1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic