Summer Transfer Window Discussion

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Summer Transfers 2024-25 Season

AjaxAndy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:40 pm My main issue with Young staying another year isn't how horribly shit he is, but every commentator reminding us every single game for another whole year that he made his debut for Watford whilst Dyche was still on the playing staff.
Did he?? I haven't heard that
777Kidnappings

superpull wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:53 pm I count that Forest game where he was desperate to give a pen away and the Luton game het got mugged off as the end of the season :lol:
Not sure the luton goal is really his fault. They just managed to get their target man on our full back. That's more tactically than expecting him to win that battle isn't it?

Thought he was really good second half against Liverpool and the game against Brentford
Cantoffee

I had thought we had an option to extend Ashley Young which makes me think we've declined the option and offered him another year but at a lower wage.

I dont mind him as a squad player but £50k a week is too much in our situation and I'm not sure he'll get near that anywhere else.

Drop him and Seamus to £25k a week, Gomes and Dele gone. Just saved ourselves nearly £15 million next season.
AllyBlue14

Bluebridge wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 pm Totally disagree, he’s a natural athlete, who could probably carry on til he’s 40, he was less a liability as the season progressed, not sure what you’ve been watching these last few months.
Eh? Did you not see the Forest game? Or the goal we conceded against Luton?

He's undoubtedly very fit but I don't fancy him for another season of Premier League football (not with us, at least). I always just feel relief if he gets through a match without making a costly booboo - a bit like Godfrey, although to be fair to him (and probably Dyche), he's improved a bit in this respect.

With the best will in the world, I'm taking this with a pinch of salt because you said in the other thread you think Arteta will manage us one day!

Sorry, @PoD1878, I'll desist from now on! Thanks for setting up the thread, hadn't realised we'd released our released list until seeing this 🙏🏻
Shogun

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Split the posts from @PoD1878 thread to here.

In other news:

AjaxAndy

Re: Summer Transfer Window

Shogun wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:55 pm Split the posts from @PoD1878 thread to here.

In other news:

We don't have any money and seemed to play Doucoure almost alongside DCL for parts of the season... Wouldn't be against him being a rotation option for Duke if we can't shift him.

Let's face it we had zero depth there and couldn't find any way to play without Duke, so may as well go for the Wood / Barnes combo of little and large in a front 2 if Doucoure is injured or out of form.
StirlingBlue

Re: Summer Transfer Window Discussion

AjaxAndy wrote: We don't have any money and seemed to play Doucoure almost alongside DCL for parts of the season... Wouldn't be against him being a rotation option for Duke if we can't shift him.

Let's face it we had zero depth there and couldn't find any way to play without Duke, so may as well go for the Wood / Barnes combo of little and large in a front 2 if Doucoure is injured or out of form.
Replacing Doucs is hard because of how much ground he covers off the ball, he somehow manages to be properly part of the midfield three but then also right up alongside DCL all game - not sure Maupay could manage that
AjaxAndy

StirlingBlue wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:25 am Replacing Doucs is hard because of how much ground he covers off the ball, he somehow manages to be properly part of the midfield three but then also right up alongside DCL all game - not sure Maupay could manage that
No he couldn't, but if we played more of a 4-4-2 then it'd be an alternative which whilst tactically not the same is an actual option which we seemed to not have this season
AllyBlue14

Bluebridge wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 pm Totally disagree, he’s a natural athlete, who could probably carry on til he’s 40, he was less a liability as the season progressed, not sure what you’ve been watching these last few months.
So...
bigtonyblue

Chris Wood incoming then?
Bluebridge

AllyBlue14 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:01 pmSo...
So…….no problems from me, still in my team in the position we’re in.
StirlingBlue

Need to be all over Doughty - will probably go for under £10m, good age, pacey, can play multiple positions and has a wand of a left foot for set pieces.

Also a workhorse so very much fits a Dyche team
Silas

Would love us to sign one creative player to be around the team. Won't happen I don't think
AjaxAndy

Silas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 pm Would love us to sign one creative player to be around the team. Won't happen I don't think
We definitely need one but I think with the way Dyche wants to play a fast right winger would make up for the lack of one.

Some Gnoto type who is fast but creates/ scores, and then a half decent RB would transform us.

Be solid if uninspiring in the middle of the park, but a massive pain on the fast counter out wide would make up for a lack of your stereotypical creative playmaker.
StirlingBlue

A central playmaker is pointless in our side, the plan is to penetrate early on the break and if that doesn’t work then recycle out wide for a cross.

Not knocking it, I actually think it suits our squad more but we need some really direct wide men, and importantly a right footer on the right.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic