Arnaut Danjuma

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Arnaut Danjuma

The 43rd time in a game he ran and beat a defender and then shot from a stupid angle instead of looking for a teammate it was clear he'd never fit in here.

It's clear we desperately need players to create something out of nothing given our lack of creativity, but unfortunately he very much was a player who managed to create nothing out of something every time he got past a man and near the box.

He's got ability, he's got skill, but he seems very much to have no concept of doing what's best for the team instead of himself.

I'd love that to be because he was just really desperate to make an impression, but given how little he's played here, at Spurs, and is unwanted by Villarreal it would suggest for all his ability running with a ball there's some serious deficiencies in the rest of his game.
Cods

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:37 pm I think he could've been used more, and could've done more to keep himself in the team at times.

Never going to be a Dyche player though, and this is where I'm making the point about the slight disconnect in our recruitment. With such limited resources, we need to make every signing count and bring in players that the manager is definitely going to use, whatever we might think of those players.

I know it's a tough job, but Thelwell needs to up his game in recruitment. Rightly or wrongly, it's no good bringing in flair players who won't work hard without the ball this summer, because they'll be spending the season warming the bench under Dyche and we simply can't afford that wastage.
It smacks a bit of a missed opportunity doesn't it, but at the time might have been just get a warm body in desperation signing. And we at least knew him from before he jibbed us.

Maybe there were some clauses that saved us some coin if he didn't play. We didn't end up needing him as we didn't have as many injuries this season to need to break the glass, with Beto and DCLs injuries at different times, and Chermitti doing much better than expected.
superpull

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:42 pm The 43rd time in a game he ran and beat a defender and then shot from a stupid angle instead of looking for a teammate it was clear he'd never fit in here.

It's clear we desperately need players to create something out of nothing given our lack of creativity, but unfortunately he very much was a player who managed to create nothing out of something every time he got past a man and near the box.

He's got ability, he's got skill, but he seems very much to have no concept of doing what's best for the team instead of himself.

I'd love that to be because he was just really desperate to make an impression, but given how little he's played here, at Spurs, and is unwanted by Villarreal it would suggest for all his ability running with a ball there's some serious deficiencies in the rest of his game.

Got to be Lukaku levels of good at it to get away with it in this team.
Toffee1

Goaljira

He just ashed the new chatgpt to write a farewell message, didn't he. Unforgettable memories?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic