Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

Juanito wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:33 am If we keep Branthwaite - get rid of Gomes, Dele, Young, Danjuma sell Onana and loan out Holgate and his wages for another year - maybe we can get in a right winger, with a right foot, who can cross the ball. And a right back.

Wouldn’t mind keeping Harrison again as the reserve option to the wingers, as I imagine he is better on the left if McNeil is injured.
There's zero chance we'll find anyone to take Holgates 70k a week. Be lucky if we get someone to cover more than 10k of it
superpull

Cereal Killer wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 1:36 pm From England

Can go wild and loan the whole Standard Liege team if we wanted?
Sure there's a limit of 7 total.
Escla

Bluebridge wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:15 pm So is that 50-50 split or 60-40 Brainthwaite being the dearer?
Maybe 65-35
Shogun

That Fellows lad from West Brom that we were linked with looks very nice. Plays off the right side as well.
Cozzie

Shogun wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:58 pm That Fellows lad from West Brom that we were linked with looks very nice. Plays off the right side as well.
Can reportedly play a variety of positions too.
TheRam

Alan Nixon reckons city want a 16 year old keeper we have for £10m.

Wtf
brap2

brap2

Shogun

brap2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:07 pm
That's nice.

Cantoffee

Gomes I don't understand but the others I do.

I dont rate Young but look how much he played for us this season. Has some awful matches where he really looks his age but others where he's fine and gives us options at RB and LB.

Personally think Gana is very important and would be willing to pay a high wage to keep him if possible. With Onana surely going keeping him would be preferred.

I do think all three should be taking paycuts though - Young is not worth the £50k/week and neither is Coleman. Both of them on half that would be ok.

Gana is probably on £100k and he's probably still worth that. Ideally get him down to £75k/week.

Imagine we lose Onana and Gana and start with Gomes and Garner at CM. Brap will be insufferable.

Lots of work to do - ideally we can keep Branthwaite but I suspect we are in dire straights and he's likely gone.

Ideal summer would be:
Outgoings
Gomes - Free
Dele - Free
Keane- £8m
Maupay - £5m
Onana - £60m

Incoming
Harrison - Loan
Central Midfielder - £15m
Right back - £15m
A winger - Loan

I suspect the above is not sufficient financially though. Probably more outgoings or no money spent on incoming.
AjaxAndy

As shit as Young has been at times he's a warm body and if he were to play 10 games next season max I wouldn't be completely against the break in case of absolute emergency idea of him staying for a final year.

But I must stress he needs to be 3rd choice LB, 4th choice RB and 3rd choice RM at best.
cassius

Shogun wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:58 pm That Fellows lad from West Brom that we were linked with looks very nice. Plays off the right side as well.
I had a free ticket for the game today, I didn't think he was that good but created their two best chances. Their fans love him
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:16 pm
Surely you know this is a blag account?
brap2

TheRam wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:20 pm Surely you know this is a blag account?
So my thing with transfer rumours is, if it's in any way exciting or fun then I absolutely always always always give them the time of day, because reality is bad enough so why not have a little spicy bit of hope.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:15 pm Alan Nixon reckons city want a 16 year old keeper we have for £10m.

Wtf
It's the lad who was linked to Frankfurt etc the other week.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic