Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

brap2

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Phillyt wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:27 am With forest losing their appeal I think not withdrawing our own appeal is the height of stupidity. One of the key factors of our appeal is that two punishments in a season was unfair. There is a massive chance that If we win this appeal we start next season 2pts down and that will be the most Everton thing ever.
I don't follow this sorry, if we win, we start next season 2 down?
Cozzie

brap2 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 am I don't follow this sorry, if we win, we start next season 2 down?
I think he is implying that if we are successful in debating that "being punished twice in one season" is unfair, which seems to he the grounds to our appeal, then the prem may defer the 2 points onto next season instead, starting us on -2.
HANNU

id just cancel it, at best we get 1 point back but i don't believe we would ever get that reduced anyway and defo wont after forest didn't
Shogun

Can't even imagine what new evidence Forest would have brought to the appeal.
Gash

A statement from the Premier League on the decision to reject Nottingham Forest's appeal said: "An independent appeal board has upheld the decision of a commission to deduct four points from Nottingham Forest following an admitted breach of the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

"The PSR sanction applied to the assessment period ending season 2022/23 and was appealed by the club on two grounds. The club argued that the independent commission committed an error in not treating its sale of a high-profile player shortly after the assessment period as a mitigating factor, and that it committed a further error in electing not to suspend some or all of the points deduction it imposed.

"Each of these grounds was rejected by the appeal board, which found the independent commission was entitled to immediately impose the sanction it did. The four-point deduction will therefore remain in place."
Shogun

Sounds like the lawyers would have embarrassed going into that. The first one is bad enough but the second one :lol:
HANNU

Shogun wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:31 pm Can't even imagine what new evidence Forest would have brought to the appeal.
you are not allowed to enter new evidence at the appeal its solely to argue about if the penalty is to severe or not
Shogun

HANNU wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:53 pm you are not allowed to enter new evidence at the appeal its solely to argue about if the penalty is to severe or not
Poor phrasing, I just meant what argument they'd put ahead. Like we had that the original panel ignored any previous benchmarks set in putting forward 10 points. Forest's punishment couldn't have gone any better for them.
Cereal Killer

Shogun wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:02 pm Poor phrasing, I just meant what argument they'd put ahead. Like we had that the original panel ignored any previous benchmarks set in putting forward 10 points. Forest's punishment couldn't have gone any better for them.
They tried to argue about some of the wording in the first judgement not being clear :lol:
Phillyt

Cozzie wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:01 pm I think he is implying that if we are successful in debating that "being punished twice in one season" is unfair, which seems to he the grounds to our appeal, then the prem may defer the 2 points onto next season instead, starting us on -2.
This is exactly my fear. It may not happen but I think the risk outweighs any potential benefit. Even more so after today’s decision.
Jamokachi

Where has this idea of extra punishments coming from the appeal come from?!
Gash

Jamokachi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 am Where has this idea of extra punishments coming from the appeal come from?!
People have assumed that if an appeal is deemed frivolous when you appeal a red card and get a game added then the same could happen here. I've seen nothing to suggest that would be the case other than 'they want to relegate us' and 'they hate Everton' and I'd assume that if it was a risk there would have been a lot more about it in the media.
StirlingBlue

The only argument I could have seen is that the original decision removed some points for the club co-operating with the investigation, arguably appealing isn’t the most co-operative behaviour
superpull

Pure speculation by the local paper that.

Their appeal happened, the panel disagreed completely with the fact Forest appealed. They did not increase the points.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic