Squad 2024-25

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cereal Killer

Re: Squad 2024-25

brap2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:42 pm So who's the list of contracts running out?
Alli
Gomes
Young
Coleman
Gueye
Lonergan
Danjuma
Harrison
Shogun

Goaljira wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 pm Makes sense from his perspective, but not ours. If he doesn't sign a deal we think is fair then we need to take whatever we can for him. And if he doesn't want to go and wants to sit his contract out like Barkley then he can expect similar treatment.
Barkley was genuinely injured, wasn't he? That was why Chelsea blew the deal at the last minute in the January window. Maybe misremembering.

Either way, I reckon he'd rather sit on the bench and sign for a club like Aston Villa on a free than being sold to Brentford or something. Although I could see him with Moyes at West Ham.
Cereal Killer

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm Barkley was genuinely injured, wasn't he? That was why Chelsea blew the deal at the last minute in the January window. Maybe misremembering.

Either way, I reckon he'd rather sit on the bench and sign for a club like Aston Villa on a free than being sold to Brentford or something. Although I could see him with Moyes at West Ham.
Not reunited with Carlo at Madrid?!?
Shogun

Cereal Killer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:46 pm Not reunited with Carlo at Madrid?!?
You mock but Joselu has scored 8 goals on loan for them this season, so it wouldn't be that weird! And it would be very Everton :lol:
brap2

Cereal Killer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm Alli
Gomes
Young
Coleman
Gueye
Lonergan
Danjuma
Harrison
Ok, from that I'm resigning Gueye, maybe Coleman but the fact he isn't playing ATM makes me think he must be really looking his age in training and struggling to get over his knocks,

Nobody else whatsoever.

Transfer market I could see some likely from :

Branthwaite
Onana
DCL
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate

So we're going to need probably

A first team CB
Back up CB
First team RB
Back up LB
First team CM
Options out wide
Possibly a fwd who can play wide too

Gulp
Goaljira

brap2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:19 pm Ok, from that I'm resigning Gueye, maybe Coleman but the fact he isn't playing ATM makes me think he must be really looking his age in training and struggling to get over his knocks,

Nobody else whatsoever.

Transfer market I could see some likely from :

Branthwaite
Onana
DCL
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate

So we're going to need probably

A first team CB
Back up CB
First team RB
Back up LB
First team CM
Options out wide
Possibly a fwd who can play wide too

Gulp
Brap2: "So every position apart from a Dele."
Everton: "Yes, Dele for every position...."
Shogun

brap2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:19 pm So we're going to need probably

A first team CB Dawson
Back up CB Vestegaard
First team RB Wan-Bissaka
Back up LB Young
First team CM Brownhill
Options out wide Harrison Gudmundsson Cornet
Possibly a fwd who can play wide too Antonio

Gulp
Don't know why you have to be so negative all time. Easy options there.
TheRam

I try not to look at our current squad.

Kinda like avoiding looking at your bank account after a heavy night out.
brap2

Goaljira wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:25 pm Brap2: "So every position apart from a Dele."
Everton: "Yes, Dele for every position...."
Mad thing is I actually LOVE the player Dele was, used to describe him as a super powered tim.cahill, a workhouse forward who just crashes the box and gets shots off, would be a absolute dream in the Doucs role.

But we're ten years too late and way over budget, chasing that dream will only cause damage.

Good luck to him but I look forward to putting the whole thing behind us.
Kerryblueboy

Linked with Jacob greaves today young centre half from hull article says he would be a replacement for branthwaite
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic