January Transfer Window

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AndSeel

Re: January Transfer Window

kramer wrote: Wow, I remember him putting plenty of chances on a platter for Lukaku but had no idea the underlying per 90 numbers were that good. I’m surprised he was included in that graph with only 14 appearances though.

He was an odd one. Put him in a situation where you’d expect a decent winger to put a good ball in and there’s a higher than average chance he gets it wrong. Put him in a situation where it looks like he has no other options but to lay it off or lose the ball and he might actually beat his man and set up a big chance. He was a real trick-or-treat player.

It was a fundamentally poor idea to sign him but he may well have been even value for the money if he hadn’t gotten hurt so soon and lost so much of the strength and explosiveness that made him a handful for defenders.
I always thought Bolasie would be loved as a bit of a Maverick in a side that was functional and he could be included as a bit of a wildcard. Overly relying on him was the issue.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

777Kidnappings

I think we were really harsh with bolasie. People would claim he'd played poorly (and some of his stuff would be comically bad) but even in them games he'd have created a couple of good chances.

I don't think he was a particularly bad signing but for the injury. Someone like Gbamin gets much more benefit of doubt based on absolutely nothing
Kerryblueboy

Still remember the game away at Sunderland bolaise and lukaku tore them apart he is in the what might have been category with lookman vlasic and klassen
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic