Today's Football 2023-24

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Shogun

Re: Today's Football 2023-24

You can't give David Moyes his first win at Arsenal/Liverpool/Man United/Chelsea and get away with it.
Escla

TheRam wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 pm So boring isn’t it.
Cods

Goaljira wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 pm They've lost one and drawn one since the turn of the year. City are just relentless.

It was the run in December that did Arsneal.
I mean, they've only got to be good at their jobs for an hour and a half each week... :whistle:
Shogun

I really do find it hard to have sympathy with clubs like Liverpool/Arsenal/Man United who spend £100s of millions themselves on transfers and obscene salaries calling Man City cheats for doing the same thing.

I don't celebrate Man City's obvious cheating but in the grand scheme of football, it's not fair either that they can't spend what they want when those team can and have done.
Bluedylan1

Shogun wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 pm I really do find it hard to have sympathy with clubs like Liverpool/Arsenal/Man United who spend £100s of millions themselves on transfers and obscene salaries calling Man City cheats for doing the same thing.

I don't celebrate Man City's obvious cheating but in the grand scheme of football, it's not fair either that they can't spend what they want when those team can and have done.
Agreed. City are 6th in the net spend for the last 5 years, well below Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle. Arsenal have spent £220m more than them for example.

The manager is what sets them apart. Once he goes, there will be a drop off and they will be back in the pack with the rest of the teams.

I do get that people find it boring to have the same team winning all the time, but I think that's a reflection of the manager's genius tbh.
Blueomar

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 pm Agreed. City are 6th in the net spend for the last 5 years, well below Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle. Arsenal have spent £220m more than them for example.

The manager is what sets them apart. Once he goes, there will be a drop off and they will be back in the pack with the rest of the teams.

I do get that people find it boring to have the same team winning all the time, but I think that's a reflection of the manager's genius tbh.
Proper recruiting too.
Shogun

Been shite for months but now he's fuming because Spurs fans didn't want Arsenal to win the league even though it was them getting their arses handed to them by Fulham, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool due to suicidal tactics put the fans in an impossible position.

74Blue

Imagine being in a position where you can take off a keeper of Ederson's calibre, safe in the knowledge that you have Ortega coming on to replace him. That is the sort of squad depth that wins you back to back titles.
Audrey Horne

I like Ange, but he is coming across as a massive dickhead the last 24 hours.
Jamokachi

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:14 am I like Ange, but he is coming across as a massive dickhead the last 24 hours.
Was chatting to my Spurs supporting mate and he was saying the chatter is that there were senior voices from within the club expressing how it would be an 'ok game to lose, under the circumstances' and this is why Ange is so pissed. Not with the fans (well, apart from that one he called out during the game), but rather the mentality of the club, from top to bottom. Hence the 'foundations' comment.

Just a hypothesis, but I can well believe it.
Audrey Horne

yeah well he is coming across a bit like he doesn't understand rivalry. (weird cos he managed Celtic)

Just think he isnt covering himself in glory tbh.
Toffee1

Shogun

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:11 am yeah well he is coming across a bit like he doesn't understand rivalry. (weird cos he managed Celtic)

Just think he isnt covering himself in glory tbh.
Yeah, he literally said inside and outside the club. Definitely having a dig at the fans. Basically caused a civil war on the Spurs forums.

I don't even get it. Every single football club would be the same, that's what rivalry is all about. Maybe he's just upset because he's a kopite and Man City have done them again.

Gash

I know we had a similar game but there wasn't really anything riding on it for us. I think he had a point to be honest, they've just lost 5 out of 6 games, including Arsenal to miss out on CL football and there's fans doing the Poznan because City were winning. They just highlighted the gulf between the two clubs, 23 points difference isn't really worth celebrating.
Shogun

I remember us being in pretty much the same position. Needing a win to stay in the hunt for 4th but not likely to get 4th even if we did win.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic