Thelwell talking strategy

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Escla

Re: Thelwell talking strategy

Primary strategy must be to get to BMD as a Premiership club no matter what tge style of play is.
Juanito

If we keep Branthwaite - get rid of Gomes, Dele, Young, Danjuma sell Onana and loan out Holgate and his wages for another year - maybe we can get in a right winger, with a right foot, who can cross the ball. And a right back.

Wouldn’t mind keeping Harrison again as the reserve option to the wingers, as I imagine he is better on the left if McNeil is injured.
Bluebridge

Definitely need a right footed right winger, can’t understand the fascination of wingers that need to cut inside to get a cross in, great being on the opposite side for curling a shot in, but primarily a lefty on the left and a righty on the right, ala Sheedy and Steven. Especially with DCL up front.
Audrey Horne

There's literally no way that Branthwaite is an Everton player next season.

Zero chance.
superpull

We only have two loan slots, so going to have to be careful with them
AndSeel

I reckon if we can get a solid 11 and a quick winged who can get a yard and whip in a cross we will be sound.

Sorely miss this our squad with McNeil cutting back and Harrison tackling himself

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jamokachi

Audrey Horne wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:24 am There's literally no way that Branthwaite is an Everton player next season.

Zero chance.
He off to join Uncle Carlo in Madrid, and I hope they both have a bloody lovely time.
Jamokachi

On KT... he's saying the right things, and the things we know are true need to happen.
AjaxAndy

Audrey Horne wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:24 am There's literally no way that Branthwaite is an Everton player next season.

Zero chance.
Agree, and he absolutely shouldn't be either. I know some have been saying we need to keep him at all costs, but the reality is anything around £75m and it's essential we sell to balance the books.

I love Branthwaite and in a perfect world he'd be lining up alongside other assets we've sold like Stone and Digne, but the streak reality is we are in absolutely no position to be keeping players that have good PSR value and have suitors willing to pay large sums of money for.
Bluebridge

AjaxAndy wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:56 am Agree, and he absolutely shouldn't be either. I know some have been saying we need to keep him at all costs, but the reality is anything around £75m and it's essential we sell to balance the books.

I love Branthwaite and in a perfect world he'd be lining up alongside other assets we've sold like Stone and Digne, but the streak reality is we are in absolutely no position to be keeping players that have good PSR value and have suitors willing to pay large sums of money for.
“Hopefully” have suitors who will pay large sums of money, I think we’ll get our pants pulled down with him, I just hope we put a massive sell on clause in based on future transfer fee and not profit. He’s worth so much to us.
cassius

He'll be going to an elite club, so we're past the sell on clause, I think. Needs to be more of a Rooney/Stones deal where it's based on trophies and England caps.
Escla

Reckon £100 mill for both Branthwaite and Onana combined.
superpull

Escla wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 am Reckon £100 mill for both Branthwaite and Onana combined.
Yeah, in all reality this is probably best case scenario.
Bluebridge

Escla wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 am Reckon £100 mill for both Branthwaite and Onana combined.
So is that 50-50 split or 60-40 Brainthwaite being the dearer?
Cereal Killer

superpull wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:33 am We only have two loan slots, so going to have to be careful with them
From England

Can go wild and loan the whole Standard Liege team if we wanted?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic