Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cods

Re: Dyche

As opposed to all the other managers that provide such in depth assessments and revealing answers in theirs? :whistle: Square root of nowt, no matter what club emblem they're sitting in front of.

Except for the Freudian slips, and quick recoveries, they're fun.
Toddacelli

Cods wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:50 am As opposed to all the other managers that provide such in depth assessments and revealing answers in theirs? :whistle: Square root of nowt, no matter what club emblem they're sitting in front of.

Except for the Freudian slips, and quick recoveries, they're fun.
Yup. When I watched it live I couldn’t believe there were hundreds of sad bastards watching it live. Sad bastards.

The only un-led question in these things is the enquiry about injuries. Then we get new info. But most of the time the answer is in the question. The player or manager just has to agree elaborately.

“Sean how important is it…” questions that begin like this are all to be answered as very important and why.

“What do you think the fans will…” questions that have the fans in are just opportunities to praise the fans and say how they are amazing and special and like no other fans anywhere else in the world. This is a PR question.

Etc. etc.
Cods

Toddacelli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 am Yup. When I watched it live I couldn’t believe there were hundreds of sad bastards watching it live. Sad bastards.

The only un-led question in these things is the enquiry about injuries. Then we get new info. But most of the time the answer is in the question. The player or manager just has to agree elaborately.

“Sean how important is it…” questions that begin like this are all to be answered as very important and why.

“What do you think the fans will…” questions that have the fans in are just opportunities to praise the fans and say how they are amazing and special and like no other fans anywhere else in the world. This is a PR question.

Etc. etc.
Nicely put, just like a pollie's Dorothy Dixer.
Toffee1

brap2

Toddacelli wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 am Yup. When I watched it live I couldn’t believe there were hundreds of sad bastards watching it live. Sad bastards.

Etc. etc.
Nice, enjoyed that todd
Escla

Etc. etc.
What a sad bastard you must be watching it live, I didn’t !
Toffee1

cassius

That's us losing to Sheff U then
cassius

But congratulations gaffer
Mouse

So we finished 12th, behind Brighton and ahead of Bournemouth on goal difference, in the non-Masters regulated Premier League.

How many would have taken that at the start of the season? Does that mean we are happy with the Indie video star?

My review of the season is I’m a little under-whelmed as I think we could have finished in the top half but, how many points we lost to the pure mental drag of the points deduction saga will never be known. So, I suppose I’m happy.

I’d like to say I expect another improvement next year but I’m afraid we have already signposted the issues we will face in the transfer window and, right now, I can’t say I’d be in any way unhappy with 12th again next season.

As far as enjoying Everton? If the finances were good then I think we MIGHT have seen a more expansive, more aggressive and, heresy, a bit more of a free flowing Everton next season. Unfortunately, unless something unexpected happens, I think we can look only look forward to another season of mostly safety first, low-risk and probably excruciating boring football.

I don’t think we’ll see a lot of action on NSNO this summer as we speculate which potential loanee will give us the edge over any 3 of up to 10 clubs that could be in a relegation battle! Just one more season until BMD, please let us survive (and I believe we will).
AjaxAndy

I think overall he's done fantastically well... A 48 point season despite unprecedented chaos behind the scenes and throwing away the first 4 games playing Dobbin and Maupay because we didn't bother to sign anyone is pretty remarkable.

We're a largely shit team and yet we would have finished 12th without deductions, so whilst the football itself was a hard watch at times it served it's purpose and achieved what it needed to with plenty of points to spare.

I just hope when the inevitable poor run happens again next season, because it will, the fact he turned it around this year will give people a bit of patience and backing.

It might not be the inspired attacking footy some want, but he's done a cracking job to get the most out of the group he's had at his disposal and the final points total is testament to that.
Gary1878

If (and it is a massive if) we can keep everyone together for next season, then it’s realistic to aim to finish top half. Barring any points deductions again.

Whilst we have Pickford, Tark and Jarrad, and Gana sitting in front, I’m not concerned about relegation at all, just no chance of that happening.

The most concerning thing is losing players. Just so uncertain what’s going to happen this summer, but hopefully we can keep hold of everyone. Fingers crossed.
Cozzie

Yeah you have to view this as a whole season and 48 points is a great achievement.

So hard to know what's gonna happen this window as we still don't know who owns us yet.

But this season has to be seen as one of success for Dyche given the turmoil off the pitch.
TheRam

8.5/10 for me.

They way he dealt with the deduction and everything around the club was really impressive and the football, for the most part was very solid and probably should have yielded better results over the course of the season.

Deserves a lot of credit for the job he’s done this season.

I’m a big fan of his “tough shit, let’s just deal with it” mentality.

No moaning, or crying to the press. A problem arises and he accepts it and gets to work resolving it. It’s what we needed this season.
Shogun

I recognise I'm probably one of his biggest critics around here.

Taking a step back and looking at the season as a whole, and considering we ended with an 8 point deduction, then getting to what would be joint 10th in the league on true points absolutely deserves a massive amount of credit.

I think what should also be acknowledged is that some of these players are actually good and miles ahead of the likes of Burnley/Luton/Sheffield United, particularly in the defensive areas. There was a point in the season where people were going on like we had the least talented squad in the league and using that as an excuse, but they're not even close to being THAT bad.

The 4 months where we won one premier league match was absolutely dire both in terms of results, performances and our approach to games. It perhaps says a lot about the standard of the bottom half of the league this season that that can happen, we can lose 8 points and still be so clear of the relegation zone come the end of the season.

Most impressive thing for me has been the response to that 4 month run. Clearly managed to get the players back onside, built a bit of a siege mentality and showed up in all the crunch games including of course the derby.

I thought we were really good today and absolutely deserved a point out of the match. Hopefully we can build on this for next season and streaks like those 4 months are very much a thing of the past. I don't expect us to play like Brazil but we should at least look like a side that trains together during the week and too often that hasn't been the case this season, but the signs in the last couple of months have been promising.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic