Visiting Goodison

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Topper

Visiting Goodison

Hi folks

Just looking some advice please. We are flying in for the derby tomorrow and just wondering what time the players arrive before a match and if they arrive by coach or individual cars. The last match we were at last year the bus came right the way to the players entrance and there was a big welcome from the fans, it was an amazing sight to behold.

I wasn’t just sure if this had changed now as I remember years ago the players used to park behind the Park End and met the fans before the game. Any advice welcome as we are looking forward to the game to try and get as much atmosphere as possible, thanks in advance.
Gash

Re: Visiting Goodison

Players currently arrive by car, think they're usually there about 2 hours before kick off but that's for a 3pm KO, not sure about midweek but I'd imagine it'll be the same. Followed McNeil along the A580 for the Burnley game and that was about 3 hours before kick off. If you're there for about 5.30pm I'm sure you'll see a few arrive, they'll stop for a photo. Just watch out for all the starry eyed dads punting all the kids out the way to get a selfie with their favourite players. :)
Topper

Thanks Gash, with it being a midweek game I jumped at the chance to try and attend my first derby as usually I don't usually have a chance when they are at the weekend so just trying to make the most of it :)
Topper

Sorry another thing I meant to ask. Is it any different getting back into the city centre after an evening game? Will there still be a load of buses on County Road or would it be better to walk to Kirkdale Station and get a train in?
TheRam

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:45 pm Sorry another thing I meant to ask. Is it any different getting back into the city centre after an evening game? Will there still be a load of buses on County Road or would it be better to walk to Kirkdale Station and get a train in?
I always prefer getting the train as it takes around an hour or so for the traffic to die down for the bus.
4evablu

Being an evening game the chances are they may arrive by coach straight from Finch farm ? Be nice if they did to generate the atmosphere that we all saw last couple years for this type of game and get the fans up for it.

wont help you though mate if they do...
WBFBTPL
TheRam

They’re arriving by coach mate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic