Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
TheRam

Re: Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Would have him above Scholes imo.
Shogun

Nostalgia plays a big factor in these things. Bitterness acknowledged, Gerrard is remembered because he could smash in a 30 yarder on the regular but there's a reason he went his whole career without a league title. Stick Bernardo Silva in that Liverpool team from the mid-2000s and they win a title imo.
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:42 pm Nostalgia plays a bit factor in these things. Bitterness acknowledged, Gerrard is remembered because he could smash in a 30 yarder on the regular but there's a reason he went his whole career without a league title. Stick Bernardo Silva in that Liverpool team from the mid-2000s and they win a title imo.
Same with players like zola being mentioned.

Bernardo silva is arguably the best player during the pep era, outside of only KDB.
cassius

I know it's difficult to compare players in different positions and also their individual impact on the team and games Vs how good a player they actually were. Because I'd have KDB ahead and Kompany and Aquero up there for City.
Brownie

TheRam wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:24 pm I’am going to nominate Bernardo silva to be part of the conversation.
He’s not Welsh 😉
CannockPricey

Brownie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:43 pm He’s not Welsh 😉
KDB, Aguero, Kompany, David Silva, Yaya Toure probably all ahead of Bernardo but he is a terrific player which just shows how many good players City have had.
CannockPricey

I quoted the wrong post. Apologies. Used to be quite adept at this on the old forum. Not done it since the changeover but it was bound to happen with my techno skills
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic