James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Kerryblueboy

James Garner

Going about his business nicely great interception on his own six yard box last night great engine and getting better every game
Juanito

Re: James Garner

Impressive. Him finding his place in the middle with Onana just behind is working well.
BlueDoom

Yeah starting to strike up a good partnership with Onana. Branthwaite and Tarkowski clicking is another huge bonus. Dare I say Dom/Douc too. I think we need to give Patto a run to build up a partnership with Harrisson though. Similarly, Myko has done much better lately with McNeill playing consistently. All good signs and all very very Dyche like.

Probably be brought back down to earth v Brighton, but think were going to be ok. Look at the leaky defences/goal differences in the table. I reckon with a bit of average luck with injuries, we will be more than ok, EVEN WITH a 12 point deduction!
Gary1878

He has been fantastic in the last 6 games.

Looks very comfortable in the middle, and has been an upgrade on Gana since he went out of the team. Gana won't get back in.

He is mobile and can do all facets of the game well. He moves across the pitch with ease and covers a lot of areas. Moving across the pitch is crucial in a Dyche system. So to have McNeil, Harrison, Douc and Garner all with huge engines being able to shift quickly across the pitch is very important.

He is tactically stricter than someone like Gana, who likes to roam more and have more freedom to press. Garner will do what he is told in a particular role, and he seems to balance the midfield in a much better way than with Gana in there.

And by the way, the football we are starting to play is so much better. Little triangles, one twos, and with a quicker tempo. A lot of credit can be given to Garner and Branthwaite in the way that they are calm and efficient on the ball.
AjaxAndy

Dependable is the word I'd use to describe him right now. Doesn't do much that lights up a match, but doesn't go missing and is intelligent enough to be in the right places to do his job effectively.

Very happy with the way he's playing and think there's probably more to come as his range of passing has more scope than we've seen so far imo.
Cozzie

Tell you who'd currently love him in their midfield right now?

Man United.

Lots of their fans reportedly a bit gutted they let him go.
Bluedylan1

He's decent enough. Very much a Dyche type of centre mid. Not massively creative or technical but hard working, good without the ball, good attitude.

He's nowhere near good enough for Man U, or for where they want to be.
The Doc

He's still tidy with the ball and can pick a pass. Just not playmaker levels.
Deano Blue Boy

My player of the season so far
AjaxAndy

Probably didn't stand out but I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. Multiple times he nicked the ball off someone's toe on the edge of the box and won us a foul, blocked a few shots by throwing himself in the way too.

Been quietly effective in recent games and willing to put the graft in required to be a success in a Dyche team.
Bluedylan1

Very meat and potatoes. Would've been decent in the mid 70s, playing on a mudbath.
Kerryblueboy

Quality yesterday so busy and tidy in the second half especially
Shogun

Not a fan tbh, just don't see it.
777Kidnappings

I don't see a great player but he's consistently decent. Regular 6 or 7 out of 10 every week. That's what we've been crying out for. For years half our team has been capable of 3 and 4s
brap2

Dyche must love him.

Could do with a decent player in there instead for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic