James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: James Garner

Correct.

He then stunk the gaff out.

Got moments but he's wildly inconsistent.
cassius

Running around a lot doesn't make a good midfielder.

Also see Harrison, Jack.
AjaxAndy

cassius wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:11 pm Running around a lot doesn't make a good midfielder.

Also see Harrison, Jack.
Think his defensive work is under valued on here tbh... Needs to do more with the ball though, but so does Onana.

Harrison is crap though I'll agree there.
brap2

Nearly had me fooled, won't happen again.

Championship midfielder.
TheRam

Yeah, him and Harrison just seem to break every move down and have no quality on the ball other than flashes here and there.

I’d rather spend money on Danjuma that Harrison and would be looking at upgrading on garner if we could in the summer.

Keep him as a squad player but that’s it.
Bluedylan1

I think he'll probably be in or around the 1st team while Dyche is here, so I'm kind resigned to him playing and doing not very much for the forseeable. Dyche is always praising him.
Granite

Garner was £8.5m + add ons and Harrison was a free loan. The average PL player is £20m+. Can’t really complain; they’re just warm bodies and a indictment of where we are as a club.

I’m sure we’d love to have more Onana’s, but let’s me honest; that transfer (and fee) came out the blue.
The Doc

Had a bad game, but he's had a decent season.
Toddacelli

Needs to take better care of the ball. But then, so do so many others.
sam of the south

Cozzie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:53 pm Correct.

He then stunk the gaff out.

Got moments but he's wildly inconsistent.
He wasn’t great after those.

In my defence, I did write that immediately after that second crossfield ball.
Kerryblueboy

He is grand for where we are consistent player can do some good things but lacks quality where it counts needs a dominant player alongside to cover him
Bob Sacamano

Half the time I completely forget he’s on the pitch.
Audrey Horne

Bob Sacamano wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:25 pm Half the time I completely forget he’s on the pitch.
Same with Harrison as well.
AjaxAndy

Bob Sacamano wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:25 pm Half the time I completely forget he’s on the pitch.
I don't think that's always a bad thing though, he's very good defensively, covers full backs out of position, mops up around the edge of our box, seems to get an important block on a shot once a game.

He does the donkey work to a pretty high standard, but it's the kind of thing that doesn't get picked up on... Just his use of the ball is very ordinary which you'd expect to be better given he's technically decent.
Bluebridge

AjaxAndy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:30 pm I don't think that's always a bad thing though, he's very good defensively, covers full backs out of position, mops up around the edge of our box, seems to get an important block on a shot once a game.

He does the donkey work to a pretty high standard, but it's the kind of thing that doesn't get picked up on... Just his use of the ball is very ordinary which you'd expect to be better given he's technically decent.
Totally agree, type of player you notice when he’s not playing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic