Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Re: Dyche

Not sure there's much point in posting about winless runs after a fixture away to Man City.
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 pm Not sure there's much point in posting about winless runs after a fixture away to Man City.
Think the underlying thing is we are playing reasonably well. There's actually not much point at all until we get some idea how many points we'll be losing this season. If it ends up being 15 or 20 what happens on the pitch probably won't matter
Kerryblueboy

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 pm Not sure there's much point in posting about winless runs after a fixture away to Man City.
So we should just ignore it
Shogun

Wait after the Palace game if we don't win? Can't really take any negativity seriously after a game like today.
Audrey Horne

I’m actually surprised today.

We looked good. Bit of a freak goal first up from a corner that should have been a goal kick.

And then a trip by Branthwaite for the second. Just unlucky.

They may have scored two anyway cos they were quite relentless, but I’m made up with the way we defended and kept our shape. Off the ball we were really good.

If we had some goal scorers in the team then we could have scored ourselves.
brap2

Yeah we did fine.

Draw against Fulham, draw against villa, draw against spurs, ok another day could/should have won one or more of those.

Good results. Good performances.
Mouse

brap2 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am Yeah we did fine.

Draw against Fulham, draw against villa, draw against spurs, ok another day could/should have won one or more of those.

Good results. Good performances.
That's the positive isn't it? I appreciate "we haven't won in the league since Burnley in December" sounds bad but, since that game, we have played City twice, Spurs twice, Villa, Fulham away and Wolves away. Apart from Wolves, how many points were we expecting form that run? Again, apart from Wolves, we haven't been particularly bad in any of the games and probably should have taken more from some of them. I don't think we are near panic time yet (apart from independent commissions) and I imagine Dyche is feeling relatively confident given the performances. We need Doucoure back and DCL to glance one in off his left earlobe and all will be well.
Bluebridge

Mouse wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:26 am That's the positive isn't it? I appreciate "we haven't won in the league since Burnley in December" sounds bad but, since that game, we have played City twice, Spurs twice, Villa, Fulham away and Wolves away. Apart from Wolves, how many points were we expecting form that run? Again, apart from Wolves, we haven't been particularly bad in any of the games and probably should have taken more from some of them. I don't think we are near panic time yet (apart from independent commissions) and I imagine Dyche is feeling relatively confident given the performances. We need Doucoure back and DCL to glance one in off his left earlobe and all will be well.
DCL’s sweet left earlobe.
Shogun

Blueomar

Shogun wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:22 pm
You do realize what you've just done, don't you? :lol:
Shogun

Blueomar wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:31 pm You do realize what you've just done, don't you? :lol:
Don't know what you mean.

Anyway, Crystal Palace are the only Premier League team this season not to score from a corner.
Bluebridge

Shogun wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:38 pm Don't know what you mean.

Anyway, Crystal Palace are the only Premier League team this season not to score from a corner.
🫣
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:22 pm
Is this from open play or set pieces too?

CN remember us conceding a few from set pieces but no idea if they were headers thinking back.
Shogun

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:21 pm Is this from open play or set pieces too?

CN remember us conceding a few from set pieces but no idea if they were headers thinking back.
Apparently we've conceded a fair few from set pieces but none of them headers weirdly.

I thought the Wolves lad at Goodison scored with his head, but looks like the shoulder.

AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 pm Apparently we've conceded a fair few from set pieces but none of them headers weirdly.

I thought the Wolves lad at Goodison scored with his head, but looks like the shoulder.

Yeah seems weird to concede goals from set pieces that aren't headers (taking direct free kicks out of the equation).

Is that because we're winning headers but not second balls? Can't imagine it's a normal thing to concede a decent number without any coming off someone's head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic