Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Dyche

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:30 pm I think he's doing a great job, I just think you could have Dyche here in two years and it would be the same sort of performances even if he got exactly the players he wanted and the club was in a stable place. Therefore, it's not something that I get particularly excited about. It doesn't feel like we're putting down foundations and moving to becoming a great team with this being the start of something amazing. We work hard and we're really well structured which gives us a chance in most matches and that's an improvement on what we've seen in recent times, so credit to him for that.

I don't know why some people take criticism of Dyche as a manager (or not lauding him with praise) to mean that someone is saying he's not doing a great job so far.
You want someone to put down foundations of a great team?? We are facing our 2nd points deduction of the season,all our saleable assets will probably be available for the right price in the summer, we are between an inept owner who might have made us the worst run club in Europe and a new owner who might have no money really and about 1000 law suits pending. We've had the square route of fuck all to spend and will continue to have the square route of fuck all to spend. Our we really complaining we are putting down the foundations to be the next man city?? Be lucky if we are a premier league club all of the next 5 years
Shogun

777Kidnappings wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:19 pm You want someone to put down foundations of a great team?? We are facing our 2nd points deduction of the season,all our saleable assets will probably be available for the right price in the summer, we are between an inept owner who might have made us the worst run club in Europe and a new owner who might have no money really and about 1000 law suits pending. We've had the square route of fuck all to spend and will continue to have the square route of fuck all to spend. Our we really complaining we are putting down the foundations to be the next man city?? Be lucky if we are a premier league club all of the next 5 years
Sigh. No, that's not what I'm saying I want.

I'm saying that this period of our club is going to be an absolute chore no matter what. That's why Dyche along with his football and attitude is exactly what is needed for the club if we're to stay afloat in the Premier League. That is why I am glad that he's currently managing the club.

I don't see why it's absurd to say that I think the football is shit, that I don't believe in Dyche long-term or that 3 wins at Goodison all season isn't remotely good enough?

Personally based on what we've seen so far under him and the team that he moulded during his 10 years at Burnley then I think it's fanciful if anybody thinks Dyche is going to bring any good times to the football club. Does that matter now? Absolutely not. But I'm not going to pretend he's the messiah because the standards at the club are the lowest they've ever been.
TheRam

Just seems pointless worrying about that type of stuff.

He’s never really been given the opportunity to really build a team and he’s not getting that here unless something unexpected happens with the takeover.

Judge him on what’s he’s doing with the cards he’s been dealt. Worry about the other stuff if we ever have a decent structure at the club
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:30 pm Sigh. No, that's not what I'm saying I want.

I'm saying that this period of our club is going to be an absolute chore no matter what. That's why Dyche along with his football and attitude is exactly what is needed for the club if we're to stay afloat in the Premier League. That is why I am glad that he's currently managing the club.

I don't see why it's absurd to say that I think the football is shit, that I don't believe in Dyche long-term or that 3 wins at Goodison all season isn't remotely good enough?

Personally based on what we've seen so far under him and the team that he moulded during his 10 years at Burnley then I think it's fanciful if anybody thinks Dyche is going to bring any good times to the football club. Does that matter now? Absolutely not. But I'm not going to pretend he's the messiah because the standards at the club are the lowest they've ever been.

Burnley finished 7th under him. I don't think the football is shit. I think it's quite exciting a lot of the time. Thought we matched spurs in an exciting game today. Think barring about 7 games at the beginning which were magical we play better football under dyche than we did under achelotti

With better finishing and our 10pts we'd be top half. What are good times? You mean like almost 40 years ago?? Being the best of the rest?? (Which would be 7th or 8th now) I think it might be that genuine good times are what only the rich clubs get now
Toddacelli

There’s a bunch of things that are true.

He’s doing great with what he has, is probably exactly what we need right now and deserves massive credit for giving us a chance to stay up.

It does feel like he is producing very limited, stat-ball football and that rather than the beginning of something better, it feels like solidifying what we have for the near future - I.e. it won’t change or get better than this until the whole environment changes.

When you look at the farce of our current owners, the horror of our potential owners and the despicable behaviour of the Premier League, then it is all very understandable.

But with so much negativity of the above people want inspiration on the pitch. We can’t really do that right now because we would leave ourselves too vulnerable. Every clean sheet lost hurts us. Every goal conceded hurts us. We are fighting in the moment to hold on with no plans for the future right now because if we take our eye off what’s right in front of us right this second we could fall out of the league.

He’s doing an amazing job. We’re not building anything or progressing. I’m not enjoying the football much. I am hating this whole season. I think Sean Dyche is great.

It’s all true.

But we (or at least I) still feel like shit because even if we recognise how well he is doing in such a shit moment, this is a fucking godawful, mind-bendingly spectacular shit-show of a depressingly shite season.
Toddacelli

Also, take a moment to think about that 3rd best defensive record playing Patterson, Young, Godfrey (did we also have Garner at RB or am I misremembering?)

This is not a dig at those players, if anything it’s a compliment that they have overperformed to such high levels.
superpull

I was just as inspired by the fight of Watson, Horne, Parkinson and Ferguson as I was the smoothness of Baines, Pienaar, Osman and Arteta.

There's no correct way to play football.
NickNack

I don’t even think some of our football would be that bad if we could only learn to pass better. Plenty of good looking moves break down due to a player miscontrolling the ball or a simple pass going astray.
Paddockoldie

NickNack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:12 am I don’t even think some of our football would be that bad if we could only learn to pass better. Plenty of good looking moves break down due to a player miscontrolling the ball or a simple pass going astray.
Couldn't agree more
The Doc

He's perfect for us right now, I don't think many will disagree with that. Just in the same way that Moyes was perfect for us back when he started.

If all goes well, we'll have a period of stabilisation, bringing us back up the table away from the drop over the next few seasons, with some pushes for Europe if we're lucky.

I'd be confident of that without the chaos of points deductions off the pitch.

And I'd rather have a solid, organised pragmatic side doing that for a few years, over another gamble with a progressive possession based manager that could relegate us before we feel the benefits. Save that throw of the dice until we're a stable midtable club.
Jimmywhack

Its a shame for him that he will be remembered for taking us down

The one year we probably dont deserve to go down as well - Which is because of him
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
brap2

Is it sustainable, creating chances only from set pieces?
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:49 pm Is it sustainable, creating chances only from set pieces?
Don’t just create changes from set pieces though do we.
Escalator

Jimmywhack wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:09 pm Its a shame for him that he will be remembered for taking us down

The one year we probably dont deserve to go down as well - Which is because of him
If we go down then in my mind Kenwright, Moshiri and the Premier League will be responsible.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:01 pm Don’t just create changes from set pieces though do we.
Pretty much like
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic