Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Dyche

Kerryblueboy

There are stats to suit anyone’s perspective on the internet what we see is direct pragmatic football with excellent pressing and good use of set pieces it’s grand but it’s not easy on the eyes
Bluedylan1

I agree with the broad point that there is a ceiling on the way we play and the way Dyche plays, and I look forward to a point in the future where that becomes a problem and more of an annoyance if we're maybe pushing for a European place but can't quite get there because of the limitations.

But from the dreadful situation of the last couple of seasons, where we didn't really have any sort of plan or pragmatism or anything, I can accept us being quite agricultural and difficult to play against. We need to keep in mind that without the deduction we are on 29 points and not that far from European spots, and with Doucoure and Onana to bring back into the fold, we're quite a solid, effective side.

Chances are we're going to lose at the weekend, and Luton are probably going to win and people will feel quite despondent but then after that we've got plenty of winnable games. We also need to remember that it's not just about Luton. Forest and Palace are within our reach.
Bluebridge

I think You can add Fulham and Brentford to who’s catchable too.
Shogun

Think you're all forgetting we're getting another points deduction.

Forest and Luton are catchable but the others aren't unless a miracle happens
Bluebridge

Shogun wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:58 pm Think you're all forgetting we're getting another points deduction.

Forest and Luton are catchable but the others aren't unless a miracle happens
Might be getting another points deduction and might be getting points back too, let’s see.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:45 pm https://understat.com/team/Everton/2023

Yeah, it’s rubbish that we only create from set pieces.
Must be the goals standing out and giving that impression.

Shogun

Would be interesting to see if Dyche forwards regularly underperformed their xG stats at Burnley or if this season is just an outlier. I'd expect it to be the latter.
Cods

I think it's telling that of the goals we've scored this season, by position, strikers are worst contributors (excl. GKs).

Considering the relative abundance of chances that we've had as a group, they would have had a significant proportion of them.

Defenders 19%
Midfielders 65%
Strikers 15%

Even given Doucouré in his hybrid midfield/striker role, and that we've largely played with only one up front, the picture is bleak. It'd be interesting to compare with other team's stats with similar setups.

4 goals out of 26 is poor, a huge under-performance.
superpull

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 am Must be the goals standing out and giving that impression.

Wonder if that has anything to do with so much matchday talk being about how many chances we seem to be squandering?

Feels like that may be related somehow
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 am Must be the goals standing out and giving that impression.

Yeah, but that’s just down to taking our chances.

We create plenty in open play.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:50 am Yeah, but that’s just down to taking our chances.

We create plenty in open play.
Genuinely doesn't feel that way to me.

I personally would like to see the strikers in the box, running onto a through ball, or running onto a cut back.

I cannot shake the idea that the chances are scrappy, rushed, hurried, and rare.

I will try and be more objective going forward.
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:40 am Genuinely doesn't feel that way to me.

I personally would like to see the strikers in the box, running onto a through ball, or running onto a cut back.

I cannot shake the idea that the chances are scrappy, rushed, hurried, and rare.

I will try and be more objective going forward.
I feel like I’ve seen a lot of these chances.

We had one at the weekend with McNeil.

It doesn’t really matter how you create them, as long as you create them.

We scored two tap ins at the weekend from set pieces exploiting a massive weakness in the opposition.

To constantly create the chances you talk about you need creativity in your team.

We don’t have a lot of that but we’re still creating good chances on a consistent basis so that’s good enough for me.
Bluedylan1

We don't have anyone at the club who can play through balls, and we don't generally get into areas of the pitch where through balls would be effective either.

So I think you'll be waiting a long time hoping for that to happen.

I'd like to see that too, but we're just not that team at the moment.
777Kidnappings

Dcl was played right through the middle against villa..... he missed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic