Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
The Doc

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If you're pushed in the back as you jump it's hard to not superman forward. Definitely foul for me. It's a foul outside the penalty ares.
AjaxAndy

Played well tonight I thought, would have buried the Beto header at the end, just sods law he wasn't on the pitch when it happened.

Came close with a couple of good headers though and he obviously looks way more comfortable leading the line than playing up top with Beto.
TheRam

He missed a really bad chance himself.
AjaxAndy

TheRam wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:04 pm He missed a really bad chance himself.
Which one? I can only remember him heading against the bar and the stooped header that landed on the top of the net?
The Doc

Had a better game today. Still no goal but he played the lone striker well.
Gash

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:02 pm Played well tonight I thought, would have buried the Beto header at the end, just sods law he wasn't on the pitch when it happened.

Came close with a couple of good headers though and he obviously looks way more comfortable leading the line than playing up top with Beto.
He hasn't scored in about 16 games and has missed plenty chances in that time, you can't say with any certainty he scores it, there's every chance he misses it too.
Jamokachi

Longest scoring drought in his time with us, apparently... maybe something to do with how we play?!
AjaxAndy

Gash wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:21 pm He hasn't scored in about 16 games and has missed plenty chances in that time, you can't say with any certainty he scores it, there's every chance he misses it too.
Great with his head though so I'd back him all day long tbh.
Gash

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm Great with his head though so I'd back him all day long tbh.
Which would be a valid point if he hadn't been pinging them everywhere except on target for the last three months. 😂
TheRam

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:02 pm Played well tonight I thought, would have buried the Beto header at the end, just sods law he wasn't on the pitch when it happened.

The one from the corner. Four yards out, clear header, loads of the goal to aim at.

I wouldn’t back him to put anything away at the moment.
AjaxAndy

TheRam wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:53 pm The one from the corner. Four yards out, clear header, loads of the goal to aim at.

I wouldn’t back him to put anything away at the moment.
Fair enough, didn't think it looked that easy on the one replay I saw but could do with seeing it again tbf
AjaxAndy

Gash wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:50 pm Which would be a valid point if he hadn't been pinging them everywhere except on target for the last three months. 😂
Fair point 🤣
Cods

Cereal Killer wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:09 pm Needs a magician like James Rodriguez lining them up on a plate for him
Exactly.

When he had his purple patch, he had Richarlison, James, Sigurdsson, Iwobi and Digne all in forward positions in and around him, or delivering great balls into him. Totally different to the last couple of seasons, selling or more correctly being forced to sell them/allow them to leave/pushing them all out is a major factor in why Calvert Lewin is suffering.
howard1334

Jamokachi wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:38 pm Longest scoring drought in his time with us, apparently... maybe something to do with how we play?!
No. Statistically, he's been the worst finisher in the prem this season. Stop making excuses for him.
brap2

howard1334 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:01 am No. Statistically, he's been the worst finisher in the prem this season. Stop making excuses for him.
But he's played for us all season so could easily be how we play?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic