Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

What's with the running down his contract crap that keeps getting posted? Where's this come from other than just made up to have something to bash him with?

Unless someone can actually post some sort of proper rumour about this then just stop making dumb shit up.
brap2

I like him
Granite

You’d want to keep him and hope he finds some form but can’t see us being in the position to offer him another contract on his current £100k. He’ll most likely be sold in the summer.
Mouse

TheRam wrote: More a resting I assume?

I didn’t see the second half so can’t comment on performances but I gathered dyche would rather keep DCL fit which is why he was brought off?
Pretty sure it was resting, everyone around assumed the double sub would be Harrison and Beto as both were dire. DCL and McNeil (both one level above dire) was a surprise. It had to be for Fulham.
The Doc

I missed Luton's first goal and only just watched it back. Isn't that a push on DCL? Looked obvious to me, was there even any discussion about it?
777Kidnappings

The Doc wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:30 pm I missed Luton's first goal and only just watched it back. Isn't that a push on DCL? Looked obvious to me, was there even any discussion about it?

Yeah its as clear as day. Var though isn't it. They range from micro managing to not wanting to get involved. It's so random now no decision is a surprise
Granite

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:34 pm Yeah its as clear as day. Var though isn't it. They range from micro managing to not wanting to get involved. It's so random now no decision is a surprise
Dyche called it out in the post-game presser. I listened to the game on the BBC and there was no mention of it. Clear foul and clear and obvious mistake that it was missed, imo.
Bob Sacamano

It would help if the officials were in any way competent. As soon as I saw that knob was reffing I knew there’d be at least one massive fuck up that would ruin it for either side.
AjaxAndy

They ran off patting Barkley on the chest to congratulate him on pushing DCL, don't know what more evidence they needed... Another absolute var farce
TheRam

I don’t think there’s enough in that to be a foul.

Think he’s very much exaggerated the contact.
brap2

I think it probably is a foul but also just clear the ball you know what I mean
AjaxAndy

I think the timing of the push is expertly done tbh, it's not much but it's at the point he's leaving the ground which actually then really fucks up his jump.

Yes he's ducked to exaggerate the fact he's been fouled, but as far as pushes go, it's very well done as I don't think DCL makes contact of he continues to try and head it.

At the end of the day it's a foul, and their players didn't even try and hide it to the point the commentator thought Barkley had scored it given the way his teammates were congratulating him.

I think we can file it under yet another bad decision against us.
TheRam

Nah, not for me.

Just head it away.

I don’t think we need to be disallowing goals for stuff like that.
Cozzie

I think something to definitely consider is the fact that under Ancelloti his instruction wasn't to do any hold up play really, we didn't need him too.

Carlo said he wanted him to be like inzaghi.

Just get in and around the box and get on the end of things, he was doing just that and was getting amongst the goals and nothing much more was asked of him.

Granted also at the time we had the likes of Digne, Richarlison and of course James putting it on a plate for him.

Add this to the fact we don't really have that quality in the side any more and a distinct lack of confidence to boot means he is in the rut he is in.

Confident he'll get it back.

Doesn't help that we've craved a decent back up option for donkeys years and it looks like we've unfortunately bought a dud in Beto.
NomadskiEFC

Re the foul, I thought it looked a stonewall foul until I saw the view from the other side and it's very clear Dominic feels hands on the back and jumps forward of his own volition. Bit stupid really when you're the only Everton head between the ball and the scorer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic