Amadou Onana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Amadou Onana

Chelsea apparently interested also
Cozzie

A bidding war would be nice.

Just a tad depressing that Josh Brownhill will he his replacement.
TheRam

Why has everyone convinced themselves that Josh brownhill will be his replacement?
sam of the south

TheRam wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:34 am Why has everyone convinced themselves that Josh brownhill will be his replacement?
Might be a bit of gallows humour
brap2

TheRam wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:34 am Why has everyone convinced themselves that Josh brownhill will be his replacement?
I think it is an illustrative joke that makes light of our collective negativity around recruitment and the club's financial outlook, and, maybe a little dig at dyche's more conservative history when it comes to signing players.

Altho reality is, this isn't a huge improvement for FFP/P&S as I'm sure the book value on Onana is still quite high, and there's apparently a sell on included so, it's not like we're going to have much money to spend and as we know we're hand to mouth as it is, so it is likely to be someone underwhelming if anyone at all.
TheRam

Oh fair enough.

I think he will want a ball player in there.

He did always have one at Burnley, Westwood and defour were great for him.

I know it’s not that same position but we shouldn’t be scoffing at mctominay at all. Could be a younger version of Doucoure under dyche.
AjaxAndy

Is Brownhill shit? I don't think I've ever seen him play, or if I did I didn't notice him (which might answer my question in itself).
Gash

I'd have McTominay now that he's added goals to his game, a goal scoring midfielder who's a bit of a snide cunt, what's not to like. :) He's probably still a level above us though and there's nothing to suggest Utd are willing to sell. Seems the opposite in fact, all managers seem to rate him.
brap2

Yeah strikes me as a Doucoure, McTominay.

He's not anywhere near as good as Onana on the ball tho, so I don't think he's be the guy for that role. Think we'd spend 4 years arguing over where he should play as well.

Would have to be someone who can sit deep and receive the ball, cover ground, win duels, win headers, progress and carry the ball as much as we ask for it. Should be easy enough, not like there's a huge premium on those at the min or anything.
Gary1878

I would take McTominay in a heartbeat. Coming into his peak now, has a great attitude, and works hard. Also has quite a bit of quality.

Him and Garner could form a great partnership in the middle.
brap2

Jesus
Sirblue57

Can we afford him? We need that level...🤣
Cozzie

I just don't understand life anymore.
UnsyisaRhino

We need someone who can progress the ball better than our current selection. Someone who's a bit of an all rounder if possible but ideally, they need to be able to take the ball on the turn and play that next, progressive pass.

The difference having Gomes on the pitch was huge, but he isn't mobile enough and doesn't impact the game defensively, so it's hard accommodate him in that deeper role.
Granite

Utd wanted £40m for McTominay in the summer, too rich for us. He’ll go to West Ham or Spurs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic