Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Granite

Re: Relegation

Once Mason Holgate has touched you…
Gary1878

The problem with a bad defender is that it’s not just a bad player your getting, it’s also that they make the rest of the defence weaker as well, as other players need to try and cover for their deficiencies and mistakes.

That’s basically what Holgate does to teams.
blueforyou

How's Tom Davies doing?
Gash

blueforyou wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:45 pm How's Tom Davies doing?
Been out for a while with a quad injury.
Shogun

Badly need to start winning at home and really there's no excuse for us not to be when you look at our remaining fixtures at Goodison:

Crystal Palace
West Ham
Liverpool
Burnley
Forest
Brentford
Sheffield United

Forget about the Liverpool match, we should be taking 13 points minimum there. That's 32 points.

Away fixtures:

Man City
Brighton
Man United
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Chelsea
Luton
Arsenal

Think you're probably looking at about 5 points assuming that we will win at least one of them. That's a tough run overall.

---

If nothing else happened then I'd think 37 points gives us a decent shot at staying up. If we're deducted further points then we'll need Forest to see some points deducted as well.
weimaranerblues

Shogun wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:16 pm Badly need to start winning at home and really there's no excuse for us not to be when you look at our remaining fixtures at Goodison:

Crystal Palace
West Ham
Liverpool
Burnley
Forest
Brentford
Sheffield United

Forget about the Liverpool match, we should be taking 13 points minimum there. That's 32 points.

Away fixtures:

Man City
Brighton
Man United
Bournemouth
Newcastle
Chelsea
Luton
Arsenal

Think you're probably looking at about 5 points assuming that we will win at least one of them. That's a tough run overall.

---

If nothing else happened then I'd think 37 points gives us a decent shot at staying up. If we're deducted further points then we'll need Forest to see some points deducted as well.
We don't do anything simple , I'd be normally looking at H 18pts/A 2pts

They look easy on paper at home and mighty hard away. But we are so poor at home, It won't pan out like that but 20pts
superpull

Burnley (H)
Chelsea (A)
Forest (H)
Brentford (H)
Luton (A)
Sheff U (H)

Those 6 games before we visit Arsenal on the last day will determine whether we stay up.

Tough games prior to that, we need to just keep in touch with those above us going into the above run
TheRam

This weekend could end up looking pretty bleak for us.
4evablu

For the first time in 60 years i'm starting to worry about us being relegated this year.
Too much off the field goings on that will effect our continued status.
WBFBTPL
Trowel

We've got a great run of fixtures from late March onwards, good to have winnable games bunched together like that, momentum is everything in the tail end of the season.

Just have to keep our heads through the tough run until then.
Cozzie

That and the results of the appeal.

Regardless of what games we have this club won't survive another 10 point deduction (not saying it will be 10 points)

But it's all up in arms until we know for sure what we will be hit with.
brap2

TheRam wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:54 am This weekend could end up looking pretty bleak for us.
Have to just keep shaking it off, nothing you can do about us playing city and Luton playing sheff U or whoever.

Plenty of road left, and yes we need to start picking up points, but we're all feeling like we can get points on the board aren't we? No point worry about points deduction 2 because whatever will be will be, but in terms of what is happening on the pitch we are capable of putting enough points on the board from today until the end of the season to stay up.
brap2

Cozzie wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:47 am That and the results of the appeal.

Regardless of what games we have this club won't survive another 10 point deduction (not saying it will be 10 points)

But it's all up in arms until we know for sure what we will be hit with.
As negative as I am about the points deduction, I personally don't think we'll get a second points deduction.
Cods

1. Get 10 points up on the pack ASAP. (a la 12 from 12 early December)

2. Smile.
Escalator

Cods wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:11 am 1. Get 10 points up on the pack ASAP. (a la 12 from 12 early December)

2. Smile.
And then get another 10 point penalty for tge second charge.
Locked Previous topicNext topic