Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gash

Re: Relegation

We can't say with in certainty until we know first how the appeal goes then whether we get a second hit, so I still feel until then it's a pretty pointless discussion.

Currently we're in a bit of trouble and in a poor run of form but I think with everyone back and fit we'll still be fine on the pitch, we'll just need to see what happens off it.
Big Nevs Vaz

Just seems farcical that the games go on and nobody knows where they really stand (including all the teams around us).
It's making a joke of the league and will turn people off it. The PL are just assuming that all fans will tolerate this nonsense and will continue to pony up to watch the product....which by the way is not exactly thrilling watching considering they have allowed the Sky 6 to dominate. Chickens may eventually come home to roost and the European Super League could well come sooner rather than later.
brap2

Either way we are in big danger and it's difficult to not think about it.

We shouldn't be, and you'd hope with the games yet to come there is enough road for our average ppg to see us clear, and to be fair since the deduction we're still over 1ppg I think, and I don't think any of the other sides down there are on that for the season.
Kerryblueboy

Fuck sake Newcastle
Cozzie

100% entirely boils down to the appeal now for me.

I'll hold my hands up and say I should have listened with regards to Luton. They're a very well coached side and will coast the 2nd half of the season.

They've got Sheff United next week where as we have City.

You're looking at them being 6 points clear with a game in hand.

Time to forget about them.

Hopefully forest get the kegs chucked at them.
TheRam

Luton will still be fully involved.

They were always better than what people thought but they will have a slump and we’ll have a decent run in us soon.
Cantoffee

Cozzie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:29 pm 100% entirely boils down to the appeal now for me.

I'll hold my hands up and say I should have listened with regards to Luton. They're a very well coached side and will coast the 2nd half of the season.

I dont think Luton are close to clear yet.

Too many games left and despite being well coached and on a good run they aren't talented enough to not be in danger.

They could very well go on a run where they pick up 2-3 points over a 5 match period and we could go on a run that sees us pick up 8-10 over a 5 match period.

We're in a bad place right now but after City we have a run of mostly winnable games with Doucoure and Onana set to come back.

Long way to go yet, points deduction, appeals, etc not withstanding.
Kerryblueboy

Maybe I went too soon
TheRam

4-4 now.

They’ll probably lose this.
Cozzie

Yeah. I see what people mean but I just think rather than have to worry about said teams I just seriously hope the appeal gives us something back.

Luton aren't out of it ofcourse but I think there is enough there to suggest they will be OK.

It's Hard to think outside of any parameters with an appeal process and also a potential second deduction hanging over us.
The Doc

It's all looking a bit turgid for us in the table but don't forget, we are better than the teams around us, about 10 points better. I trust Dyche and the players to keep a level head and plough on.
Mouse

Cozzie wrote:100% entirely boils down to the appeal now for me.

Sorry mate but that’s nonsense. I know they are at home but they have a run of Utd, City and Villa after Sheffield. They could get 2-6 points, they could equally get none.
Dchans

Villa 4 up
Gash

Dchans wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:03 pmVilla 4 up
It's fine, I don't think we'll catch them anyway. :)
Gary1878

Mason Holgate doing his job
Locked Previous topicNext topic