Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cozzie

Re: Relegation

Mouse wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:24 pm I don’t get the confidence you have in Luton. Lost today and may well lose their next 3 games. A run like that is difficult to break out of.
A lot of it is based around the fact I believe they are actually very well coached.

That's a big plus when you have a manager that seemingly knows how to set up when you don't necessarily have the quality on the pitch in terms of the players.

They've generally been in most games which they have lost. Beaten us twice, narrowly missed out on beating the shite, only lost to Arsenal 4-3 with a 97 minute goal, ran City close etc. They haven't really had a game where they have been pummelled like Burnley and Sheff United have say.

We still should be looking to finish above them don't get me wrong like and my original post about them admittedly might have been jumping the gun. At the time they where 4-2 up at Newcastle and presumed they would win that, then go on to beat Sheff United and be 6 clear with a game in hand.

It's obviously reminded me footy doesn't work like that, as this weekend proved.

I just think if you're looking at the teams down there, Forest and Palace look like 2 teams genuinely on the slide and I'd fancy even Luton to finish ahead of them.
74Blue

Cozzie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:57 am A lot of it is based around the fact I believe they are actually very well coached.

That's a big plus when you have a manager that seemingly knows how to set up when you don't necessarily have the quality on the pitch in terms of the players.

They've generally been in most games which they have lost. Beaten us twice, narrowly missed out on beating the shite, only lost to Arsenal 4-3 with a 97 minute goal, ran City close etc. They haven't really had a game where they have been pummelled like Burnley and Sheff United have say.

We still should be looking to finish above them don't get me wrong like and my original post about them admittedly might have been jumping the gun. At the time they where 4-2 up at Newcastle and presumed they would win that, then go on to beat Sheff United and be 6 clear with a game in hand.

It's obviously reminded me footy doesn't work like that, as this weekend proved.

I just think if you're looking at the teams down there, Forest and Palace look like 2 teams genuinely on the slide and I'd fancy even Luton to finish ahead of them.
The key to Luton staying up is going to be their home games. Kenilworth Road is a tiny little ground, where the fans are almost on top of the pitch, so they can generate a real cauldron for teams going there. The players can almost hear the conversations in the stands, they're so close to the pitch, so when the crowd get going, they can create a real bearpit atmosphere. There won't be many teams that will enjoy playing at Kenilworth Road, so Luton will have to use that to their advantage in their remining hime gmaes this season.
Goaljira

Palace will depend on how long Eze and Olise are out. If they're both out a couple of months as rumoured then they'll be right in amongst it come Easter.
Evertonfc15

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:48 pm Need to beat palace to get some momentum going they are not going well at the moment forest losing this evening keeps them in it too
yeah big 3 points coming up week on monday at home
palace are awful and have their best players out - just hope they dont sack roy hodgson before the game and get steve cooper in with the new manager bounce
if they still have roy as manager we should beat them
blueforyou

We'll be in deep trouble if we don't
AjaxAndy

Can't panic either way... We're experienced enough in relegation fights now to know there'll be many twists and turns before the end of the season.

Obviously a win is important, but we need to stay calm it doesn't happen.
brap2

Does feel a massive game that palace, we know it's a long season and there's always time but a big opportunity to gain momentum and impact those around us
Shogun

brap2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:38 pm Does feel a massive game that palace, we know it's a long season and there's always time but a big opportunity to gain momentum and impact those around us
Olise and Eze both out is a massive advantage.
Bluedylan1

Shogun wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:08 pm Olise and Eze both our is a massive advantage.
And Guehi and Doucoure are out as well aren't they? Their 4 best players.
Bluedylan1

We should know the outcome of the appeal this week also (Valentine's Day rumoured online).
Cozzie

Just hope they don't jib Hodgson before we play them.
blueforyou

The Palace game is a must win of all must wins: no league win for 2 months; gain ground on those around us; kick start momentum; confidence boost

Just win it!
Goaljira

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:51 pm And Guehi and Doucoure are out as well aren't they? Their 4 best players.
What's their Doucoure done?
Bluedylan1

Goaljira wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:21 pm What's their Doucoure done?
Achilles tendon. Might be out for the season.
Cozzie

We couldn't ask for a better game at a better time. Really need to make this count.
Locked Previous topicNext topic