January Transfer Window

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: January Transfer Window

Also maybe he does well there and we can sell him?
777Kidnappings

Mouse wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:39 pm Erm, we gave him the contract. Not his fault we thought him worth £60k a week and nobody else does. The idea that a player should do the 'decent thing' and take a massive pay cut to keep the same job (or walk for less money) is a bit wishful thinking don't you think?
Agree but if he wants football and we want him gone then for me both should take some of the pain. There's plenty in it for him going elsewhere and playing rather than running down his contract with us. I don't think it's unreasonable to say we'll go halves with him on the difference I'm contracts for that year. Cost and benefits for both. He's absolutely entitled to his contract but he's not entitled to loans while he gets his 3m
Mouse

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:45 pm Agree but if he wants football and we want him gone then for me both should take some of the pain. There's plenty in it for him going elsewhere and playing rather than running down his contract with us. I don't think it's unreasonable to say we'll go halves with him on the difference I'm contracts for that year. Cost and benefits for both. He's absolutely entitled to his contract but he's not entitled to loans while he gets his 3m
In your job would you accept that it is reasonable and take a cut to stand still (while those around you kept their salaries)? I know footballers live in a different world but sometimes, as fans, we forget they are just doing their job and trying to maximise their earnings. He's not entitled to loans but they are again agreed by us, the club that gave him the contract.
777Kidnappings

Mouse wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:55 pm In your job would you accept that it is reasonable and take a cut to stand still (while those around you kept their salaries)? I know footballers live in a different world but sometimes, as fans, we forget they are just doing their job and trying to maximise their earnings. He's not entitled to loans but they are again agreed by us, the club that gave him the contract.
He's entitled to his money. He's not entitled to a loan at sheff utd because he can't get in the Southampton team. That's something his contract doesn't entitle him to. If he wants that then shy shouldn't he take a little bit of the pain too. If we played hardball then he might think playing somewhere earning a contract is maximising his earnings even if there's a short term loss
Mouse

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:21 pm He's entitled to his money. He's not entitled to a loan at sheff utd because he can't get in the Southampton team. That's something his contract doesn't entitle him to. If he wants that then shy shouldn't he take a little bit of the pain too. If we played hardball then he might think playing somewhere earning a contract is maximising his earnings even if there's a short term loss
My last contibution to this but, as he is under contract to us, I don't believe he can make the decision to end one loan and start another. It will be our decision tp agree or not. I think the way it is reported implies something that isn't the case.
777Kidnappings

Mouse wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:57 pm My last contibution to this but, as he is under contract to us, I don't believe he can make the decision to end one loan and start another. It will be our decision tp agree or not. I think the way it is reported implies something that isn't the case.
Yeah its obviously our decision but it feels like we are the only 1s not to benefit from it. The player gets games. Southampton get him off their wage bill. Sheff utd get a player they want. He's actually ended up at a rival though its very debatable that we've strengthened them

What I'm saying is what's in it for us. Feels like nothing
Cereal Killer

Maybe Southampton were paying 20% of his wages and United will pay 50%?

It’s not all “ooo woo is Everton, how shit we are”
777Kidnappings

Cereal Killer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:02 pm Maybe Southampton were paying 20% of his wages and United will pay 50%?

It’s not all “ooo woo is Everton, how shit we are”
Then that's a good deal. In fairness I saw a headline saying dyche had said it was extremely beneficial for the club (or something like that)

Honestly it's obviously our fault but I'm just sick of so many taking so much and contributing nowt. Can't wait for the likes of gomes ali and Holgate to sod off. That's about 42m in wages over 3 years. Double what we went over ffp. Again it's our fault but I can't wait for them to go.
Kerryblueboy

Report flying around that we tried to get a guy called moder from Brighton but he rejected the offer
AjaxAndy

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:25 pm Then that's a good deal. In fairness I saw a headline saying dyche had said it was extremely beneficial for the club (or something like that)

Honestly it's obviously our fault but I'm just sick of so many taking so much and contributing nowt. Can't wait for the likes of gomes ali and Holgate to sod off. That's about 42m in wages over 3 years. Double what we went over ffp. Again it's our fault but I can't wait for them to go.
We have a habit of just replacing their wages with more drops though, can't believe we've still got to fork out £25m for Beto starting next season + whatever wages he's on 😖
Trowel

brap2

According to this probable bagger, we tried for Yasser Asprilla from Watford.

Certified baller, shame.
Shogun

Haven't even thought about us bringing anyone in. Wouldn't particularly believe any of these links tbh.
Trowel

20 mins to go, and SSN are showing a repeat of their presenters playing darts against each other and talking about the boxing.

Safe to say Deadline Day isn't what it used to be.
Brownie

I genuinely forgot it was DD today
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic