Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
74Blue

Re: Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Dennis Bergkamp was simply a magician. A player who could do amazing things with a football.
wepull

I would rate Henry the best too but just for discussion I think KDB is up there with him. City side is half the team without him. He doesn't help his case by not stepping up in CL finals but he's an absolutely incredible player.

Hazard is one more which I would add to the list, he was just so good at Chelsea. An absolute delight to watch.
Jamokachi

In terms of consistency, longevity, records etc Giggs has to be up there. Even if he is a wrongun. The best? maybe not as it's such a subjective question, but definitely in the mix.
Audrey Horne

Naaaaaa
Bluedylan1

It's definitely Henry like. I prefer Bergkamp, on an aesthetic level and probably a few others but Henry was like a cheat code for quite a while there. You couldn't really stop him. And a really stylish, lightening quick, skilful cheat code.
Jamokachi

Audrey Horne wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:44 amNaaaaaa
He most definitely is in the conversation...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ryan-gigg ... ieler/3406
Shogun

He was nearly as good as Beckham tbf
Jamokachi

All subjective isn't it. Also raises the question as to whether you can fairly compare players of different positions.

Think maybe the question is being interpreted as "who is your favourite"? Because best goalkeeper and best striker are different things, and each as merited.

Best I've seen in the flesh is either Rooney or Shearer, with an honourable mention for Kanchelskis, who was often head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, from both sides.
TheRam

Henry was the best in the world for a few years when he was in his prime.

He also took that arsenal team to a different level.

Rooney second for me. The longetivity, the goals, the records, the way he sacrificed himself for Ronaldo then became the main man once he left.

Shearer third. To still be the record premier league goalscorer in a team that was seldom at the top of the table is a massive achievement.

Got to have a mention for Yaya as well. Never seen such a combination of power, speed and skill.
Gash

Giggs isn't even the best Man Utd PL player.

Fuck it, if we're putting home country bias on it, Stephen Naismith, could score with his left foot, right foot and head and scored more PL hatricks than Ryan Giggs. :D
Cozzie

Gash wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:25 am Giggs isn't even the best Man Utd PL player.

Fuck it, if we're putting home country bias on it, Stephen Naismith, could score with his left foot, right foot and head and scored more PL hatricks than Ryan Giggs. :D
Few players I've enjoyed more at Everton than Stevie Naismith during that purple patch for us, he was just brilliant.
Jamokachi

Gash wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:25 am Giggs isn't even the best Man Utd PL player.

I've just listed the 3 best that I've seen, 2 Englishmen and a Russian. Don't see why you need to be so sarcastic.

The question is who is the best... the trophy hall of Giggs means he's in that conversation. You don't play for as long, in such great teams and winning as much without being.
Gash

Jamokachi wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:10 am I've just listed the 3 best that I've seen, 2 Englishmen and a Russian. Don't see why you need to be so sarcastic.

The question is who is the best... the trophy hall of Giggs means he's in that conversation. You don't play for as long, in such great teams and winning as much without being.

Oh come on, I was just having a bit of a laugh.
TheRam

Never rated Giggs that much myself.

Just a part in a very well oiled machine. Good player obviously but the likes of Scholes, beckham, Ronaldo, cantona, rooney were a level above Giggs.
Bob Sacamano

Just a small sample size but interesting that Henry and Bergkamp are the two with the most votes. For what it’s worth I’d also have these two at the top. I also thought Rio Ferdinand was an unbelievable footballer and was a bit of a gateway into the ball playing CB (for me).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic