Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Shogun

Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Might just be nostalgia but think Thierry Henry will always be number 1 for me. Just an absolutely fabulous footballer who could do it all.

Plenty of options though. Rooney, Lampard, Scholes, Terry, KDB, Silva, Augero, Kane and probably a couple from across the park.
Goaljira

Re: Who is the best premier League player ever for you?

Henry, followed somewhat way behind by Shearer I think.
CannockPricey

Henry is a fair shout. Shearer and Scholes too. Surprised Zola hasn't made the shortlist. I thought he was a genius at his best and that ridiculous goal from the corner v Norwich, but again might be an age thing as I've included no one recent!
In a world full of adversity, we must still dare to dream.
AjaxAndy

Bergkamp for me, could do stuff I've never seen a player do before or since.

I think Henry for his pace and goal scoring is a great shout, but I've never been more blown away by a player's ability with a footy than Bergkamp.

*Nothing to do with my username, I'm not Dutch and have never lived in Holland, even if I am married to a Dutchie.
Cozzie

Yeah I'd say Bergkamp too, genuine genius.
Goaljira

AjaxAndy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:00 pm Bergkamp for me, could do stuff I've never seen a player do before or since.

I think Henry for his pace and goal scoring is a great shout, but I've never been more blown away by a player's ability with a footy than Bergkamp.

*Nothing to do with my username, I'm not Dutch and have never lived in Holland, even if I am married to a Dutchie.
Bergkamp is probably technically the best. I went with Henry for being the best all round.
CannockPricey wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:42 pm Henry is a fair shout. Shearer and Scholes too. Surprised Zola hasn't made the shortlist. I thought he was a genius at his best and that ridiculous goal from the corner v Norwich, but again might be an age thing as I've included no one recent!
Was Zola here that long?
CannockPricey

About 7/8 years at Chelsea I think
In a world full of adversity, we must still dare to dream.
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:21 pm Bergkamp is probably technically the best. I went with Henry for being the best all round.

Was Zola here that long?
Yeah I honestly get the Henry choice, incredible player... Completely unplayable on a consistent basis, I'd have him in my top few of all time and wouldn't ever argue against him as someone else's choice.
AjaxAndy

Also not the best, but still one I always have to mention in threads like this - Georgi Kinkladze.

Absolute magician.
biziclop

KDB or Bergkamp for me.

Mainly because both would regularly do stuff that I wouldn't even consider to be a possibility. They wouldn't just entertain me, they'd surprise me.

(While on the other end of the spectrum were players like Hitzlsperger or Robben, obviously they weren't the best but I couldn't help admiring how everyone knew exactly what they were going to do and still couldn't stop them.)
Confusious

Bergkamp for me.

From left field but I loved Roy Keane.
Audrey Horne

Was telling Roxy the other day about how Henry was maybe the first player i saw as a kid, where i thought, wow....football can actually be magical.

it wasnt always back to the walls, smashing into tackles etc.
blueforyou

Ronaldo; Drogba

Rooney; Shearer
velimski

Thierry Henry

KDB and Shearer would make the top 5. Then 2 of Bergkamp/Kane/Ronaldo/Bergkamp/Lampard/Rooney/Drogba/Bale. Probably a couple of RS in there too, but I can't bring myself to type their names.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic