Pickford

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Toddacelli

Re: Pickford

Gash wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:03 am Yeah, we'll still sell if the money's right.
Yeah, I’ll still be heartbroken if we do.
Gary1878

The back 3 need to stay together unless an unbelievable offer comes in for any of them.

The offer needs to be too good to refuse.

The bedrock of our progress will be keeping them together for as long as possible.
superpull

Unfortunately the clubs "too good to refuse" is likely to be way under what we would all like it to be
Free Agent

Sadly, when the club is having to borrow to pay wages and overheads every month, then any money is too good to refuse
Shogun

Audrey Horne

What do the white box's mean?
Bluedylan1

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:14 am What do the white box's mean?
The blue boxes are where they picked the same players, and the white are players where they differed.
Paddockoldie

If, and I mean if we had to sell, we have a 'great so far' as second choice. Jao won't stay around if he thinks it's never
Audrey Horne

Bluedylan1 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:16 am The blue boxes are where they picked the same players, and the white are players where they differed.

AjaxAndy

Paddockoldie wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 am If, and I mean if we had to sell, we have a 'great so far' as second choice. Jao won't stay around if he thinks it's never
I think we have to extremely cautious with how we replace Pickford if indeed we need to.

Look at Leicester who let Schmeichel leave and replaced with a decent Championship standard keeper, it was an absolute disaster.

You have Burnley who spent half the season sticking with the highly rated but ultimately Championship level keeper in Trafford and it was again a bit of a disaster.

Forest tried Turner and had to buy a new keeper on Jan because he was costing them points.

We're constantly on the precipice, and can ill afford to get this wrong if it happens.

There has been plenty of shouts about how we'd be ok replacing Pickford with an average keeper, but the reality is that there's a good chance losing Pickford would result in relegation.
Cereal Killer

Let’s not forget Virginia absolutely bombed at Reading so can we not pretend he’d be a fantastic replacement for Pickford?
cassius

Would rather Debravka
TheRam

Cereal Killer wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:31 pm Let’s not forget Virginia absolutely bombed at Reading so can we not pretend he’d be a fantastic replacement for Pickford?
So did Emi Martinez.

Keepers develop late, he’s looked good for us so you never know.
Toddacelli

No single player got us more points this season than Pickford.

Dom 8, Duke 7, Beto 5, Jack 4 - then all 3’s and 2’s.

Every clean sheet was worth at least 1 point and there were 13 of them.

I know the defence is important too, but our strikers are not making their own goals either.

If we lose Branthwaite and Pickford, especially now when we have no money to spend and we have never been less appealing to players to join us, I really do fear the drop.
Gary1878

I love Pickford. He's mad, and he is a brilliant shot stopper.

Given his importance to us, the fact that GKs don't tend to raise much money (relative to other positions on the pitch), and that it's doubtful he would want to move, then I don't see him going anywhere for the remainder of his career unless we are relegated or in administration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic