Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Beto

brap2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:23 pm Disagree!

Edit : edited, looked a bit rude that
Haha nah and even if you were trying to be I'd have not picked up on it... Never bothers me how people reply usually as typing is always difficult when it comes to tone.
Shogun

You sure you want to throw all your weight behind Beto on this one, @brap2 ?

I think Iwobi is 60/40 in your favour but I can't give you Iheanacho. Might ruin your rep with this one.
brap2

Shogun wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:40 pm You sure you want to throw all your weight behind Beto on this one, @brap2 ?

I think Iwobi is 60/40 in your favour but I can't give you Iheanacho. Might ruin your rep with this one.
Yeaaaah why not, he seems a nice lad.

Not usually the kind of player I would back because he looks to have some very dominant Donkey traits, but I think he can come good (still be gammy but cause a problem and some of these shots start going in).

He's not anonymous is he, he's getting in the box, he's having shots. Half the battle.
Bob Sacamano

He’s got imposter syndrome. We’ve just gotta help him work through it.
Bluedylan1

Jury's still out on him as player, being kind, but that miss really wasn't that bad at all.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Bluedylan1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:11 pm that miss really wasn't that bad at all.
Really. REALLY?

I’m filing that one under ‘absolute sitter’.

Given his ability to block shots, I’d try him out at CB.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Bluedylan1

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:26 pm Really. REALLY?

I’m filing that one under ‘absolute sitter’.

Given his ability to block shots, I’d try him out at CB.
Yeah absolutely.

Ball comes at your very quickly at that height and it's very easy to put that over. It's just pure reactions. You almost need to let it just hit your head and cushion it because of the pace on the ball, rather than head it.

It's one of those that looks terrible, but it's actually very easy to miss and players much better than Beto have got that technique wrong many times.
AjaxAndy

Yeah doesn't have much time if any to react... Think the importance of it makes it maybe seem worse than it was.

I still think it's a bad miss tbf, but I wouldn't rate it as shocking.

They also missed a great chance from 6 yards where their player headed it straight at Pickford that was probably equally as bad.

Neither team covered themselves in much glory when it came to trying to score last night.
American Evertonian
Prediction League Champion
Prediction League Champion

TheRam wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:44 pm The more I watch it, the more I can see how he’s missed that chance.

I’m rooting for him. There’s a player in there but he’s 26 so you kinda want it all to be there by now.
I’m with you on that. Had some pace and a little high. Would have been tough for him to get on top of it.
Feed the Yak!
Juanito

I read a quote from Wenger who said technique needs to be honed in between the ages of 14-17, any later then forget it, they have no chance. When was Beto working at KFC?! I would love for him to be a cult hero that gets us important goals but his touch is poor and he has a 50p head.
Bluebridge

Juanito wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:58 am I read a quote from Wenger who said technique needs to be honed in between the ages of 14-17, any later then forget it, they have no chance. When was Beto working at KFC?! I would love for him to be a cult hero that gets us important goals but his touch is poor and he has a 50p head.
Wasn’t Ian Wright a late starter?
NomadskiEFC

The Beto header looks worse from the camera behind him when you realise how much of the goal was open to him to hit. The goalie was way off left. It’s struck at him fast but someone playing at the elite level needs to be putting that away.
The Doc

It was more the anticipation than the technique.. he should have been expecting the cross and got up early to keep the header down, but he's still rising when it hits his head.
Bluedylan1

The Doc wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:11 am It was more the anticipation than the technique.. he should have been expecting the cross and got up early to keep the header down, but he's still rising when it hits his head.
Wasn't it a corner that went over his head, and got headed back towards him at pace by Tarks? Not sure you can get up early for those. You're just reacting.
StirlingBlue

Never a premier league footballer.

Shocking effort when through on goal, you could triple the goal size and that wouldn’t be on target.

Once again half-assed pressing despite being on the pitch less than 20 minutes for their goal too, Gross had all the time in the world for that cross
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic