Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Beto

Lovely bit of play for the goal to be fair to him.
Cods

TheRam wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:05 pm Lovely bit of play for the goal to be fair to him.
Definitely, lovely move and pass.

His early strike from outside the box only just missed too, and he was very much on his toes when the through ball came to him for the later chance, you can see him anticipate before anyone else on the pitch. Both difficult chances that he had a big part in actually creating.

Only got to see the highlights though so not sure on general play.
AjaxAndy

Cods wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:57 am Definitely, lovely move and pass.

His early strike from outside the box only just missed too, and he was very much on his toes when the through ball came to him for the later chance, you can see him anticipate before anyone else on the pitch. Both difficult chances that he had a big part in actually creating.

Only got to see the highlights though so not sure on general play.
General play - awful.

I always remember listening to us on the radio once and they said Lukaku's second touch was always a header his first was so bad.

I'd take that over someone who's first touch either completely missed the ball or it pings around his legs before going to an opponent.
brap2

I thought he was quite frighteningly poor.

Should have had a goal to go with his assist though and probably a pen too, so I mean he's grafting and he's causing an occasional nuisance. I do think Turkey is calling already tho I'm afraid.
NomadskiEFC

Bloody awful player who somehow is capable of doing something nice in very unique situations. He got the ball in the Luton box in the first half and it was clear as day before he even received it he had no fucking clue what to do with his feet when receiving it. Bobb, he aint.
Bluedylan1

Mix of some good things and some bad things for me. I thought his hold up play got better as the game went on, and he reminded me a bit of Anichebe backing into the defender and hard to get around him. If he'd been a bit cuter, he maybe could've won a penalty there for us.

Was a fair bit better than DCL at the weekend, who was utterly dreadful.
AjaxAndy

I remember on That Peter Crouch Podcast he was talking about how sometimes a new player would turn up for training for the first time and you could tell within a few minutes they weren't anywhere near good enough.

Doubt it even took ours that long!
Juanito

How did he miss that, I’m still in shock
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Aye Carumba.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
blueforyou

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's a footballer
UnsyisaRhino

The things he does well, he does very well, every other part of his game looks miles off what we need.

Unfortunately goal scoring currently isn't one of the things he's doing that well, but to be fair he's not played many minutes and we don't create many chances. I feel for both him and Dom, they need to do better but our absolutely chronic lack of creativity and passing ability in the final third doesn't help at all.
brap2

You will be pleased to know I have decided to give him my full backing, I am now a paid up member of the Beto Support Club.

Bad times don't last, and neither does career low xg underperformance.
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:08 pm You will be pleased to know I have decided to give him my full backing, I am now a paid up member of the Beto Support Club.

Bad times don't last, and neither does career low xg underperformance.
His xg underperformance is a direct reflection of his awful technical ability though, and that's not something he will develop in any great way.

Probably could get away with it in a lesser league, but even a bog standard average premier league defender would be laughing at his inability to control a ball as they simply take it off him as it bounces between his legs like some eager puppy wanting to be stroked.
brap2

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:14 pm His xg underperformance is a direct reflection of his awful technical ability though, and that's not something he will develop in any great way.

Probably could get away with it in a lesser league, but even a bog standard average premier league defender would be laughing at his inability to control a ball as they simply take it off him as it bounces between his legs like some eager puppy wanting to be stroked.
Disagree!

Edit : edited, looked a bit rude that
TheRam

The more I watch it, the more I can see how he’s missed that chance.

I’m rooting for him. There’s a player in there but he’s 26 so you kinda want it all to be there by now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic