Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Beto

Let's not forget we were apparently after him the season before too, so we've thoroughly scouted this guy and felt he was exactly what we needed (or at least as close as we could get with zero initial outlay).

I've said it before but we might as well have just kept Simms, and I wasn't a fan of him at all, but they'd have produced similar goal output you'd imagine and it would have saved us another fortune wasted.

He's strong, he's quick, but he's got the first touch of a league one player half the time, his anticipation is horrific hence why he's missing chances 2 yards out or scoring but clearly offside, and his pressing is poor apart from the odd bad lunge where he gets none of the ball.

He's shite, and yes maybe used a different way in a different league he was effective, but he's in the premier league now and clearly not anywhere near the level required.

It's cool though, we only wasted £25m on him and have hamstrung ourselves once again with an absolute garbage signing that we can't afford to replace.
Bob Sacamano

brap2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am That louorns on twitter was saying his career so far has been as part of a two with a jinky little ten who can slide him in constantly, while we've got him as a battering ram number 9 on his bill.

So like maybe it's a bad fit tactically and he's in a very tough league.

But he looks absolutely dreadful I can't lie.
Yeah he looks like he needs a few chances to score. He’s getting one or two chances a game and finishing neither. To supply him with 4 or 5 chances to get a shot away we’d need to play a completely different type of football and have actual footballers in the side to supply.
AjaxAndy

I hate Beto and I hate Maupay just as much, but if he prefers to play with a little fella up front then those two in the championship next season would be unstoppable.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 am Let's not forget we were apparently after him the season before too, so we've thoroughly scouted this guy and felt he was exactly what we needed (or at least as close as we could get with zero initial outlay).

I've said it before but we might as well have just kept Simms, and I wasn't a fan of him at all, but they'd have produced similar goal output you'd imagine and it would have saved us another fortune wasted.

He's strong, he's quick, but he's got the first touch of a league one player half the time, his anticipation is horrific hence why he's missing chances 2 yards out or scoring but clearly offside, and his pressing is poor apart from the odd bad lunge where he gets none of the ball.

He's shite, and yes maybe used a different way in a different league he was effective, but he's in the premier league now and clearly not anywhere near the level required.

It's cool though, we only wasted £25m on him and have hamstrung ourselves once again with an absolute garbage signing that we can't afford to replace.
Everton that.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Escla

Wasn’t Beto the deal where we didn’t pay anything yet but start paying from next year ?
Bluebridge

Escla wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:13 pm Wasn’t Beto the deal where we didn’t pay anything yet but start paying from next year ?
Yes, so we’ll have to find another deal like that if we want to upgrade him.
I’d like to give Chermiti his minutes now, what’s the worst that can happen?
Wouldn’t mind seeing what Warrington can do off the bench too.
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 pm I hate Beto and I hate Maupay just as much, but if he prefers to play with a little fella up front then those two in the championship next season would be unstoppable.
Don't worry, we've noticed. ;) :whistle:

I reckon we get some pacey wingers and sit McNeil behind him.
brap2

Bluebridge wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:28 pm Yes, so we’ll have to find another deal like that if we want to upgrade him.
I’d like to give Chermiti his minutes now, what’s the worst that can happen?
Wouldn’t mind seeing what Warrington can do off the bench too.
Sadly Warrington joins the long list of players nowhere near good enough for the premier league that we keep hold of until long past the point at which they should be out there making a name for themselves at a more appropriate level.

Looks a good little player but if he was premier league quality we would know about it by now, and he would likely have been pinched by Chelsea or city two years ago.
AndSeel

Hope we turf him in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G977B using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Paddockoldie

I feel for him because you can see he really wants to succeed here. His desire is high but his skill set is so limited
Toffee1

Last edited by Toffee1 on Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gash

Aye, you could see he was out before he hit the deck. Hopefully nothing more than concussion and a sore head for a couple of days.
Cods

Just hope there's no structural damage and he's OK.
Being able to play in the run in would just be a bonus.
Gash

Dyche saying early signs are positive, was concious, coherent and fully aware of what was going on etc.
Cozzie

It would be great if he returned wearing a mask and just begun bagging for the rest of the season.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic