Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
bigmanbob

Re: Beto

Lets have it right, Niasse was utter, utter dog shit, comically bad, he just tried hard. Beto I'm still to be decided on, looks like, as someone brilliantly described on here Bambi on acid on ice on the whole then out of the blue does something allright
TheRam

Personally think he’s done well recently but is libel to drop the odd stinker still and he was terrible when he came on, although we could be talking about his third goal in five games if he wasn’t brought down.

I don’t know what the future holds for him here but I’ve seen enough to know there’s something they’re worth working with.

If he does leave us soon I’d expect him to go either back to Italy or Portugal, maybe france and perform at a good standard.
Bluedylan1

Yeah he's fine. He needs to play onto the shoulder of a defender with balls in behind to access his abilities. We don't play that way.

The way the manager plays requires the striker to play like a complete forward battering ram, who wins headers, chases his own flick ons, holds the ball up, and battles against 2 big CBs and that isn't massively Beto's game. His first touch isn't his strength, and we see that regularly.

As we've seen with Maupay when he was here, we didn't play in a way that accessed his skills as primarily a second striker, and when he's put into a team where they do, he looks like a decent player.

For Beto to be a success here, we'd need to change the way we play fundamentally. That suggests a disconnenct between Thelwell and Dyche. Kev's bought a striker that likes to run in behind defences, and Dyche wants a big, aggressive target man in his team.

That's not even me criticising Dyche (in this instance). Different managers use different kinds of strikers. It's just an acknowledgment of reality.
Paddockoldie

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:41 pm Yeah he's fine. He needs to play onto the shoulder of a defender with balls in behind to access his abilities. We don't play that way.

The way the manager plays requires the striker to play like a complete forward battering ram, who wins headers, chases his own flick ons, holds the ball up, and battles against 2 big CBs and that isn't massively Beto's game. His first touch isn't his strength, and we see that regularly.

As we've seen with Maupay when he was here, we didn't play in a way that accessed his skills as primarily a second striker, and when he's put into a team where they do, he looks like a decent player.

For Beto to be a success here, we'd need to change the way we play fundamentally. That suggests a disconnenct between Thelwell and Dyche. Kev's bought a striker that likes to run in behind defences, and Dyche wants a big, aggressive target man in his team.

That's not even me criticising Dyche (in this instance). Different managers use different kinds of strikers. It's just an acknowledgment of reality.
Nailed it again fella. When we had Andy Johnson Moyes had him chasing channels, instead of being in the box finishing or using his pace to get in behind. Ruined a good striker.
Audrey Horne

Niasse was the worst player I’ve seen I think.

Control the ball??

It bounced off his shins every single time.

I couldn’t deal with his massive grin every time his shot ended up in row z or a simple pass went out for a throw in.

Utter disgrace that transfer
Cereal Killer

AjaxAndy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:09 pm Usually I'm pretty critical of him, but thought he was good when he came on... That role of coming on against tired legs where they're pushing for an equaliser is the perfect one for him.

He nearly won us a penalty and although it was outside the area in the end it should also have been a red card for Berge who made no attempt to play the ball.

Absolutely no complaints about what he did when he came on yesterday.
Didn’t get given as his touch was absolutely horrific and he’d booted it away from himself and the goal and he was never getting there before the keeper

Just awful
NomadskiEFC

Audrey Horne wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:50 pm Niasse was the worst player I’ve seen I think.

Control the ball??

It bounced off his shins every single time.

I couldn’t deal with his massive grin every time his shot ended up in row z or a simple pass went out for a throw in.

Utter disgrace that transfer
Yet still a step up from Beto.

Every single thing people have said about Niasse’s ability, however true, can be applied to Beto.

I know no one agrees, that’s fine, I’ll look forward to his completely competent performance on Saturday.
Audrey Horne

No one is saying he is a great player?

Just that he is a better player than Niasse!! 😂
AjaxAndy

Cereal Killer wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:07 am Didn’t get given as his touch was absolutely horrific and he’d booted it away from himself and the goal and he was never getting there before the keeper

Just awful
Nah I majorly disagree tbh, I do think he should have taken it on his left instead of cutting back across the defender, but it's still a foul and a red either way
Juanito

I think he was trying to cut across him to draw the foul
Toddacelli

Look. I think we all know that when it comes to Niasse and Beto - that Beto has far more in his locker…..
Bluebridge

Toddacelli wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:44 pm Look. I think we all know that when it comes to Niasse and Beto - that Beto has far more in his locker…..
very good that 😉
toffee_scot

Niasse wasn’t a great transfer overall.

Still can’t believe he had that one season where he scored something like 8 goals in the league, probably kept Koeman in his job longer.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Not sure anyone has suggested that Niasse is far better.

Both are substandard.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Toddacelli

Have we nothing better to do than argue over which of the two ugly sisters was the ugliest?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic