Dwight McNeil

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Dwight McNeil

Thought it would take something special to beat Dubravka tonight and he provided it.
brap2

Cracked me up that
sam of the south

Shogun wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:09 pm
This is often in my head
Risky

Last 2 games he's looked back to his best. It's weird, he looks a completely different player in terms of the way he moves and the speed he has when he plays well. He must be really difficult to play against when he's on top of his game, he's so clever and dynamic.
cassius

I'd love to see him use his right foot every now again
sam of the south

Risky wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:17 am Last 2 games he's looked back to his best. It's weird, he looks a completely different player in terms of the way he moves and the speed he has when he plays well. He must be really difficult to play against when he's on top of his game, he's so clever and dynamic.
The ball is always on a string, too, it’s his close control that is a cut above, plus he always has his head up
AjaxAndy

Had 2 similar chances against Forest, so seems he's getting in the right positions once more and I think he's going to get 7 - 10 goals overall this season if he stays fit.

Definitely feels like he just wasn't match fit and sharp for what Dyche demands, and understandably so after missing the start of the season.

Got a sweet left peg, but he's a proper grafter... One of my favourite players these days.
Cozzie

Yeah, you never really feel like he's ever gonna lose the ball do you, when he is in possession of it, which is a huge advantage.
Cods

Dwight McNeil dribbling the ball at speed, down the wing, is a thing of beauty.
Cods

In a back 5 he didn't seem that restrained positionally against Burnley, he was one of the more advanced players at least notionally at LWB.

Screenshot_20231220_063035_Chrome.jpg
blueToffee

Fingers and toes crossed that whatever it is isn't as bad as it looked.

Our luck hasn't been great of late though, probably have to expect a long absence.
brap2

Think it will be a broken ankle to be honest.
Gash

Didn't even see what happened but when they don't show replays it's never usually good. Although when he was lifted on to the stretcher he seemed fairly calm and wasn't on gas or anything. Never like it when the resident experts give their opinion an injury before the medics are even on the pitch so lets hope it's nothing too serious.
Shogun

Gash wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:16 pm Didn't even see what happened but when they don't show replays it's never usually good. Although when he was lifted on to the stretcher he seemed fairly calm and wasn't on gas or anything. Never like it when the resident experts give their opinion an injury before the medics are even on the pitch so lets hope it's nothing too serious.
They did show one replay, it looked like his foot might have got caught under Mykolenko. Just have to wait and see, sometimes these things look worse at the time.
TheRam

Dyche said he was ok and they’re just waiting for it to settle down.

Didn’t sound that serious from that but you never know really.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic