Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

Shogun

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Charged again

TheRam wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 pm I know the punishment is harsh but I’m struggling to be angry and have any sort of sympathy for us.

The day of reckoning was always coming. We could have found a way to comply with the rules but we didn’t.

All my anger is toward Moshiri and Usmanov.

If we can’t overturn this with an appeal fronted by one of the best lawyers about we just have to accept it.

Appreciate I’m in the minority here but we put ourselves in this position.
Our infringement is fairly insignificant in terms of the severity of which the 'rules' have been broken. It's like being a petty thief for a few years then being sentenced to 50 years of prison and saying "Well, I deserve it I guess".

By all means be annoyed at the board and the club (although only Moshiri remains, for however long that will be), but don't let these PL cunts get away with abusing their position with such a harsh and abusive punishment that has been conjured up entirely for their own benefit and completely on the fly.
MayorFarnham

I can't abide the "we only broke the law a little bit" line.
777Kidnappings

TheRam wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:20 pm I know the punishment is harsh but I’m struggling to be angry and have any sort of sympathy for us.

The day of reckoning was always coming. We could have found a way to comply with the rules but we didn’t.

All my anger is toward Moshiri and Usmanov.

If we can’t overturn this with an appeal fronted by one of the best lawyers about we just have to accept it.

Appreciate I’m in the minority here but we put ourselves in this position.
Totally agree its of our making but if the punishment is harsh the punishment is harsh and you've got to have some sympathy for anyone getting a punishment harsher than they deserve

The way our club has been run has been laughable though. A level of ineptitude that might not be seen again for a long time

I do also think the ways to comply when you're already in a mess fly in the face of the insistence that ffp is designed to protect clubs. Forest could have complied by knocking 10 or 15m off the sale of Johnson to get it done quicker. That doesn't protect their financial health though.

But overall its absolutely on moshiri kenwright their board. What a gaggle of absolute inept cunts
Gary1878

No one is debating that we deserve some sort of punishment. The club was terribly run for a long period of time and it was always going to catch up with us.

But let’s flip this on its head. Why weren’t we given a larger points deduction? Why wasn’t it 20 points? Why not relegation? Could that have been a possibility had the infringement been great enough?

We just have no idea how they have arrived at it and whether it is fair and just in the circumstances of our infringement.
Shogun

Gary1878 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:52 pm No one is debating that we deserve some sort of punishment. The club was terribly run for a long period of time and it was always going to catch up with us.

But let’s flip this on its head. Why weren’t we given a larger points deduction? Why wasn’t it 20 points? Why not relegation? Could that have been a possibility had the infringement been great enough?

We just have no idea how they have arrived at it and whether it is fair and just in the circumstances of our infringement.

Yep that's it for me as well. If we'd have been £1m over the limit would it have been a 10 point deduction? If we'd have been £200m over the limit then would it have been a 10 point deduction? Who knows.
brap2

Haven't they arrived at it because their job is to hear the case and decide between themselves what is appropriate?
biziclop

brap2 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:06 pm Haven't they arrived at it because their job is to hear the case and decide between themselves what is appropriate?
Which is just about the worst way of doing it.
TheRam

Shogun wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:25 pm Our infringement is fairly insignificant in terms of the severity of which the 'rules' have been broken. It's like being a petty thief for a few years then being sentenced to 50 years of prison and saying "Well, I deserve it I guess".

By all means be annoyed at the board and the club (although only Moshiri remains, for however long that will be), but don't let these PL cunts get away with abusing their position with such a harsh and abusive punishment that has been conjured up entirely for their own benefit and completely on the fly.
I get that, and agree the punishment seems very harsh.

If the appeal isn’t overturned, or we don’t get points back and what point do we just have to accept it?

We broke the rules. We cooked the books, we lied about who was funding us.

It caught up with us and we were charged because we couldn’t get our finances in order.

The arguments we put across were weak and didn’t make sense.

We’re now appealing the punishment with one of the best lawyers about putting across our argument.

If this doesn’t do it then we just have to accept it imo.

If our fans want to continue fighting it then that’s great. I just can’t muster up the energy after the last seven years and the gross mismanagement on every level we’ve seen in-front of our eyes.
brap2

biziclop wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:18 pm Which is just about the worst way of doing it.
Strong agree, not to mention the prem giving their recommendation publicly on what the points deduction should be before the case was even heard, but for whatever reason this is the process the member clubs have agreed to.
Kerryblueboy

Punishment should fit the crime 10 points is a huge punishment for what we did especially when if a club goes broke and enters administration you get a 12 point penalty
777Kidnappings

I am really curious as to what happens with the next charge. Again there's no framework so it's anyone's guess. Surely though once you're stuck in the spiral of losing money rather than spending too much and poorly surely the punishment can't be another 10 points or if fair even points at all. Is a team really going to lose points year on year for amassing debts and expensive contracts years previously that they now can't escape from.
HANNU

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:11 am Punishment should fit the crime 10 points is a huge punishment for what we did especially when if a club goes broke and enters administration you get a 12 point penalty
It's only 9 points for going into administration
The Doc

Next week is mid-Feb, so we'll know soon enough.
brap2

Keith Wyness, possibly knows nothing, but feeling confident.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ever ... bust-case/
777Kidnappings

brap2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:20 pm Keith Wyness, possibly knows nothing, but feeling confident.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/ever ... bust-case/
Weary about seeing his opinions as being any more than what he thinks should happen. He's been very much on our side throughout. Thinking he's talking about what he thinks is fair rather than being in the know on any of it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic