Cozzie

Re: 777 Partners Takeover

Gone a little quiet this hasn't it? 🤔
brap2

They haven't had a law suit in days!
777Kidnappings

Might be miles off but if these are the only 1s in at the price then the club maybe isn't worth that price. It's all very well having a 750m stadium but if the new owners have to take on 750m worth of debt too they are the 1s actually paying for it.

Think moshiri is relegation away from having to take 10s of millions rather than 100s of millions
Gary1878

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:00 pm Might be miles off but if these are the only 1s in at the price then the club maybe isn't worth that price. It's all very well having a 750m stadium but if the new owners have to take on 750m worth of debt too they are the 1s actually paying for it.

Think moshiri is relegation away from having to take 10s of millions rather than 100s of millions
You wouldn’t necessarily price the club off of the assets and liabilities exclusively, although they are obviously important. You are more likely to look at the revenue/P&L for higher growth company, which with a shiny new stadium will be much higher.

They will (hopefully) have a sense of what the interest payments might be after the stadium is built and refinanced. However that is subject to change given the interest rate environment is changing all the time, although there is an expectation of rates coming down later this year and next year.

The key is not what the interest payments are now, but what they will be when the debt pile is consolidated into one bond through the capital markets. The interest rate will depend on how risky the market deems us to be. It might have to be higher in order to gain interest from the market.

Although the clubs debt and interest payments will be very high, the increase in revenue should help to match that off. We need ownership who can maximise that opportunity set.

In terms of relegation, it would have an impact, but you wouldn’t expect a massive discount, as you tend to look at forward earnings over a 5-7 year period, not just 1 or 2 years.
Trowel

Cozzie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:42 pm Gone a little quiet this hasn't it? 🤔
Apparently Don Dransfield, the chief executive at 777 Football Group and formerly of Man City, was sat with Thelwell and Dyche yesterday.
Trowel

And some more anti-777 protests at Standard Liege yesterday
Audrey Horne

I hate these
MayorFarnham

Being a member of the EPL is by far the biggest factor when valuing the club.
Toddacelli

We are an incredibly attractive prospect right now for sharks. They’re circling 🦈
Trowel

Media are all over Ratcliffe's approval by the Premier League today... a takeover which was originally announced more than 3 months after the 777 deal....

Shogun

It's quite obvious, isn't it? 777 are a bunch of absolute charlatans who can't even pass the 'fit and proper' test laid out by the Premier League but themselves and Moshiri are unbelievably deluded/arrogant and thus it keeps dragging along.

I was quite prepared to give them a shot but the fact it's taken this long, they can't go more than a week without a fresh disaster story and fans of other club's they own are showing dissatisfaction with them then I don't see how this could be anything but a disaster.

Moshiri is a disaster as well though. Hopefully someone decent comes in once this deduction nonsense is finished with and we're a stable, hopefully, premier league club.
777Kidnappings

What happens if we go down. Do the football league have a fit and proper persons test? Or can they just buy us then and hope we come back up.
superpull

Didn't Masters/the PL say they'd asked 777 for further info and we're yet to receive it?
Gash

superpull wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:27 pm Didn't Masters/the PL say they'd asked 777 for further info and we're yet to receive it?
I think 777 then said they'd handed over everything they've been asked to.
Cereal Killer

Trowel wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 pm Media are all over Ratcliffe's approval by the Premier League today... a takeover which was originally announced more than 3 months after the 777 deal....

I don’t get why the PL are even involved in the Man Utd deal? Just want to look like they’re important and doing something? Because I’m not sure a 25% stake in anything is a takeover, let alone when someone else still controls over 65%
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic