End of Moshiri - Friedkin Purchase Falls Through

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: 777 Partners Takeover

Killing my interest this and the points deduction nonsense, CBA even thinking about them until they're all sorted and these have fucked off
Granite

Just his opinion, but The Esk thinks the delay with the PL approving 777 is because they’re loathe to accept them as owners of Everton, but the alternative, given the lack of apparent willing buyers, would be administration for the club. Neither cowboy owners or administration are good for Everton or the PL brand.
Cozzie

Granite wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:05 pm Just his opinion, but The Esk thinks the delay with the PL approving 777 is because they’re loathe to accept them as owners of Everton, but the alternative, given the lack of apparent willing buyers, would be administration for the club. Neither cowboy owners or administration are good for Everton or the PL brand.
So what's the middle ground?

Doubt the PL will try and find one.

The only hope is, while it's not the best case scenario, that 777 get approved and they don't do THAT much damage and someone more appropriate buys us so they flip us for immediate profit for themselves when we are in the new stadium.

I worry how deep we are in with them now though.

What is it, £160M They have leant us? With eye-watering interest fees of 52.5%?

Anyone outside of them looking to buy us would be mad to take that on.

If 777 got us they would likely turn that into equity, but they would also very likely run us into the ground asset strip us to death, similar to what hicks and Gillette tried to do across the park.

One big gigantic shit show that I can't see a way out of, at least a positive one that is.
Blueomar

Interest of 52.5%? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Cozzie

Blueomar wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm Interest of 52.5%? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Whilst I'm not sure that's exactly what they are charging us in particular a tweet came out a few weeks back stating that's what it was for others, unless I read it wrong.
Cozzie

@Blueomar
Blueomar

Holy shit, how can that ever be repaid?
UnsyisaRhino

Their whole business model is destined to end in disaster. They are using the money they have in ways that no other group that works the way they do, would ever use it. It's so high risk it's unreal. They have investors trying to pull money out because they're operating in such a mental way.
Paddockoldie

Moshiri is taking his revenge cold 🥶😫😫😫
Shogun

Just burn it all to the ground and start again.
AjaxAndy

Out of interest have the Premier League ever actually denied someone via fit and proper persons, other than Newcastle who they subsequently passed anyway?
Escalator

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:19 pm Out of interest have the Premier League ever actually denied someone via fit and proper persons, other than Newcastle who they subsequently passed anyway?
Think the “fit and proper” rule only came in after the Indian chicken farmer company bought Blackburn and caused a skip fire, don’t think anyone has been turned down since but yay ! We may be about to make history again !
AjaxAndy

Escla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:47 pm Think the “fit and proper” rule only came in after the Indian chicken farmer company bought Blackburn and caused a skip fire, don’t think anyone has been turned down since but yay ! We may be about to make history again !
Yeah I'd say given they've never turned anyone down it's highly unlikely they decide to do so this time unfortunately
MayorFarnham

Escla wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:47 pm Think the “fit and proper” rule only came in after the Indian chicken farmer company bought Blackburn and caused a skip fire, don’t think anyone has been turned down since but yay ! We may be about to make history again !
Venkys still own Blackburn and in all honesty Blackburn are in no worse a position now than they were before Jack Walker bought them all those years ago.
Paddockoldie

MayorFarnham wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:09 pm Venkys still own Blackburn and in all honesty Blackburn are in no worse a position now than they were before Jack Walker bought them all those years ago.
They've never looked like coming back up though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic