Abdoulaye Doucoure

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Bluedylan1

Re: Abdoulaye Doucoure

I think it's fair to say his performances have been totally ineffective and he's been a shadow of himself for months, without saying he's a bad player. The two can both be true.
Stumpy

Goaljira wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:49 am Or shite and still expected to be sold for £30m.
We are the only ones that pay 30 million for shite..... over and over again
AjaxAndy

It sure what's going on with Doucoure but he's been a shadow of himself since coming back from injury... Very poor again last night.
Cozzie

Looks unhappy doesn't he. For whatever reason.
bigmanbob

I do t think he does at all, he just looks unfit and that he's lost his touch
CraigS...

Was there not a bit of £15m in Jan for him ?
Juanito

Looks completely lost.
Cozzie

He was our best and most important player before his injury. Hasn't come back the same at all.
superpull

Any chance the lad has just taken a bit of time to get from match fit to full sharpness?

Anyway, this is the position going into the last 12 months:
"From my point of view, I'm very happy,” Doucoure said. “The club has an option to extend my contract next season, so I'm very calm.

"I signed a new deal (last summer) so I think my situation is not the priority now. I'm very secure here."
TheRam

superpull wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:18 pm Any chance the lad has just taken a bit of time to get from match fit to full sharpness?

Anyway, this is the position going into the last 12 months:
"From my point of view, I'm very happy,” Doucoure said. “The club has an option to extend my contract next season, so I'm very calm.

"I signed a new deal (last summer) so I think my situation is not the priority now. I'm very secure here."
Same thing has happened every season he’s been here.

Starts on fire, is our best, most important player then gets injured.

We go to complete shit, he comes back into a team low on confidence and looks a poor player because of it.

Maybe he just runs himself into the ground too much in the first months of the season.

We still don’t win games without him. He hasn’t been great since he came back but it’s no coincidence we stopped losing games and started to pick up results when he came back.

Think we’re in a good position with his deal. We’re not bogged down with an older player on a multi year deal, and could still fetch some money for him if we decide to cash in.

If we don’t, we still get a really good player for a year and can release him getting rid of a big wage with no problem.
superpull

Difference between him and Gomes' was night and day I thought.

Gomez looked great on the ball, was showing and doing all the things Doucoure is just rubbish at.
But, at the same time, all of a sudden Sheff U seemed to have bags and bags and bags of space to build attacks whenever they wanted.

He may have missed a sitter or two and not contributed much besides the goal. But he's a pressing machine and him and Gana cover absurd amounts of ground (which, as you say, might hinder him over a 38 game season)
Juanito

Yeah, his work for the team without the ball is incredible
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic