weimaranerblues

Re: Arnaut Danjuma

Yeah on YouTube now trailing 1-2
Cods

Was he on a pay as you play deal?
howard1334

Cods wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:58 am Was he on a pay as you play deal?
I think Dyche just strongly disliked him as a player. His usage of Danjuma is hard to justify, in my view.

I really hate Dyche as a manager, if I am honest. Kind of think he's a bit of an ass hole, as well. But then he's kept us up two years in a row in difficult circumstances.... so maybe im just the ass hole.
Silas

He won't be the first loan to come and not be played. He really must have not fit for dyche at all.
777Kidnappings

howard1334 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 am I think Dyche just strongly disliked him as a player. His usage of Danjuma is hard to justify, in my view.

I really hate Dyche as a manager, if I am honest. Kind of think he's a bit of an ass hole, as well. But then he's kept us up two years in a row in difficult circumstances.... so maybe im just the ass hole.
Us spurs and villa villareal all with no interest in playing him. Poor bloke is encountering a lot of arseholes.
Cods

howard1334 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:06 am I think Dyche just strongly disliked him as a player. His usage of Danjuma is hard to justify, in my view.

I've heard stuff re Dyche some saying it's tough love but deep love nonetheless for his players, which suprised me a bit, didn't seem like a puff piece or conflicted statement, so I don't really know. I dare say he's heart and soul and probably pulls no punches either.

The thing I don't get is that when Doucouré wasn't playing under Frank he was like a walking, sulking soulless individual (not disrespecting him, just an observation), deeply down in body language and everything, yet Danjuma always seems upbeat and lively yet hasn't really played for many of his recent managers. Different individuals and situations obviously, but what are we missing?
StirlingBlue

Cods wrote: I've heard stuff re Dyche some saying it's tough love but deep love nonetheless for his players, which suprised me a bit, didn't seem like a puff piece or conflicted statement, so I don't really know. I dare say he's heart and soul and probably pulls no punches either.

The thing I don't get is that when Doucouré wasn't playing under Frank he was like a walking, sulking soulless individual (not disrespecting him, just an observation), deeply down in body language and everything, yet Danjuma always seems upbeat and lively yet hasn't really played for many of his recent managers. Different individuals and situations obviously, but what are we missing?
I suspect that Danjuma is more naturally talented but less competitive.

So Doucouré gets in a grump when not playing as he wants to compete vs Danjuma who is happy to be a footballer and pick up a paycheque.

No shade on Danjuma, he clearly stays in shape and puts the effort in when he plays
TheRam

No manager in the modern game would pick Danjuma over Harrison or McNeil.

Dyche made the right choice for the good of the team.

There’s a reason why managers like Emery, Conte and dyche haven’t picked him.

If you want to make the most of your talent in todays game you have to learn the off the ball stuff.

With the manager 100% on these decisions.
Cods

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:24 am I suspect that Danjuma is more naturally talented but less competitive.

So Doucouré gets in a grump when not playing as he wants to compete vs Danjuma who is happy to be a footballer and pick up a paycheque.

No shade on Danjuma, he clearly stays in shape and puts the effort in when he plays
Yeah I dunno, those solo training videos before we signed him suggested he's determined and driven and not just wanting to live the life. Believe he's a bit individualistic though, when on field, and it could have been PR, salute and all.

Totally agree re Doucouré, all engine, and to be kind, not all that technically gifted.

I'd just like to see Dan Juma play to see what/if we were missing, but not sure Arsenal is the right run out, and I think the Cherminator has his position sealed as first drop, in Beto's absence, but maybe the Doucouré/Gomes/Barkley :whistle: role...
Gary1878

Danjuma is Demarai Gray mk II.

Limited off the ball tactical awareness, and runs down blind alleyways with the ball.

That doesn't mean that he isn't a talented individual. Like Gray, he is. It's just he doesn't fit well in a team environment at the highest level and you can't trust him in a tight tactical setup against the very best teams like City or Arsenal, where one kink in the chain can cause major issues.
4evablu

I think some of the comments in this thread sum him up...ie: no one knows where to play him...no one knows what's his best position to make an impact....no one knows what's his best position in terms of output from him ?
WBFBTPL
Cods

In case of emergency break glass.
Don't feed after midnight.
Free Agent

I’m not sure he’s Gray Mk II either. He has similar skills but not the pace.
He’s an enigma in the modern pro game. Skillful but lacking tactical awareness.
Bet he’s deadly at 5-aside though.
Bluedylan1

I think he could've been used more, and could've done more to keep himself in the team at times.

Never going to be a Dyche player though, and this is where I'm making the point about the slight disconnect in our recruitment. With such limited resources, we need to make every signing count and bring in players that the manager is definitely going to use, whatever we might think of those players.

I know it's a tough job, but Thelwell needs to up his game in recruitment. Rightly or wrongly, it's no good bringing in flair players who won't work hard without the ball this summer, because they'll be spending the season warming the bench under Dyche and we simply can't afford that wastage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic