Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:52 am I don't even really think it was a bad performance. Sometimes attacking players do really good things and you have to accept that, and recognise their talent.

Tarkowski's misjudgement was way worse than anything Branthwaite did. He had loads of time to think about it, and got it completely wrong, and gifted a goal away from quite a comfortable defensive position.
Gave away one one penalty, would have been two had there been any consistency from the ref, headed the ball multiple times in to dangerous areas instead of to safety / less dangerous areas.

Was very shaky and looked all at sea.

However that was all first half, and I think the biggest compliment you can give him is that second half he was far more composed and solid.
Bluedylan1

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:28 am
Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:52 am I don't even really think it was a bad performance. Sometimes attacking players do really good things and you have to accept that, and recognise their talent.

Tarkowski's misjudgement was way worse than anything Branthwaite did. He had loads of time to think about it, and got it completely wrong, and gifted a goal away from quite a comfortable defensive position.
Gave away one one penalty, would have been two had there been any consistency from the ref, headed the ball multiple times in to dangerous areas instead of to safety / less dangerous areas.

However that was all first half, and I think the biggest compliment you can give him is that second half he was far more composed and solid.
Yeah, I just give credit to Eze in that situation. If he doesn't make a challenge and Eze or someone else scores we're crucifying him. Sometimes a high level attacker does something very good and it results in a pen or a goal. Happened to Ruben Dias yesterday, and happens to every defender. I don't think that is bad defending. You have to make a challenge, and sometimes the ball is moved a millisecond before the challenge arrives by a highly skilled attacker. It's not a mistake (imo), it's huge credit to the forward.

Letting a perfectly comfortable header drop over your shoulder, with lots of time to think, to hand the opposition an easy point blank goal is infinitely worse. That's a proper glaring mistake.
AjaxAndy

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:34 am

Yeah, I just give credit to Eze in that situation. If he doesn't make a challenge and Eze or someone else scores we're crucifying him. Sometimes a high level attacker does something very good and it results in a pen or a goal. Happened to Ruben Dias yesterday, and happens to every defender. I don't think that is bad defending. You have to make a challenge, and sometimes the ball is moved a millisecond before the challenge arrives by a highly skilled attacker. It's not a mistake (imo), it's huge credit to the forward.

Letting a perfectly comfortable header drop over your shoulder, with lots of time to think, to hand the opposition an easy point blank goal is infinitely worse. That's a proper glaring mistake.
Yeah tbf Eze was bloody brilliant, ball looked like it was glued to his foot... Haven't watched him in a couple of seasons I don't think and couldn't believe the improvement.
sam of the south

Eze is something else, man
4evablu

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:34 am

Ye that's what i'm saying eze hung his left leg out as branthwaite stepped in just clever play some call it cheating & diving but it's what they do nowadays branthwaite should of seen that coming. Having said that the for me the mistake was myko's for allowing him to run into the box unchallenged in the first place. Which then makes me think that they may have chatted pre game about how eze goes over easy so be careful when challenging him hence the reluctance to tackle him in around the box? Lets face it as good a game as he had he hit the ground virtually every time someone went near him throughout the game.
WBFBTPL
Bluedylan1

4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:48 am Ye that's what i'm saying eze hung his left leg out as branthwaite stepped in just clever play some call it cheating & diving but it's what they do nowadays branthwaite should of seen that coming. Having said that the for me the mistake was myko's for allowing him to run into the box unchallenged in the first place. Which then makes me think that they may have chatted pre game about how eze goes over easy so be careful when challenging him hence the reluctance to tackle him in around the box? Lets face it as good a game as he had he hit the ground virtually every time someone went near him throughout the game.
Yeah I don't really see drawing a foul in the box as cheating really. It's skilful attackers demonstrating their ability to move the ball quickly, and inviting a challenge that doesn't get the ball. It's one person's skill beating another person's reaction to the skill. If we had players capable of doing that, I'd want them to do exactly what Eze did.

Obviously people feigning contact, and doing crazy dives when they haven't been touched is still just as stupid as ever.

I think defenders should dummy tackles in the box a lot more, the way that forwards dummy shots or dribbles. I've seen it occasionally, but not that often. Swing your leg back like you're going to go through the player and the ball, and then stop it before you make contact. You'd draw a lot of dives and miscontrols before people got onto it. Sometimes you would have to actually take the ball, so that people couldn't tell when a dummy is coming or not to keep it unpredictable.
4evablu

i'd love eze here or a player of his ilk.

did ye see cucurella's dive for chelsea near the end of yesterdays game ? it was that embarrassing i'm sure the ref was laffing as he run away from him
WBFBTPL
Blueomar

EZE, We Want Eze! ;)
Shogun

Will have to avoid a yellow card in the next 7 matches to avoid a suspension unfortunately.
Blueski

He's only 21 and has been fantastic for us this season really. Hopefully he just learns from the game and moves on
sam of the south

Omar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm EZE, We Want Eze! ;)
Class, if you know you know 👌🏼
Toddacelli

Bob Sacamano wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:18 am Imagine him learning from a Yerry Mina type defender? Wishful thinking but just imagine it.
I reckon he’s got a bit of shithouse in him…
velimski

Audrey Horne wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:52 am
I just pray he won’t go to Liverpool - with him being a kopite and best mates with Elliot.
I'm not sure which one of these statements I find more disappointing, to be honest.
Bluedylan1

Now that we've got him on a contract, surely we can just refuse to sell him to Liverpool?

I know we're in the era of player power and all, but I think it's still acceptable to say to a player ''we'll sell you to anyone else in the world except that lot, and you have to accept that''.
Escla

Bluedylan1 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:44 pm Now that we've got him on a contract, surely we can just refuse to sell him to Liverpool?

I know we're in the era of player power and all, but I think it's still acceptable to say to a player ''we'll sell you to anyone else in the world except that lot, and you have to accept that''.
Everybody has a price, sentimentality, rivalry, emotions don’t get a say in the matter, if someone makes an offer that you can’t afford to refuse he will be sold to the highest bidder regardless of any other consideration.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic