Dele

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Re: Dele

Is he on £100k+ per week?

Anyway, couldn't care less where he is. He won't be playing for us again.
Cozzie

Believe he is yes.

Him and Gomes the 2 that are earning north of 100K and thankfully both will be gone next season.
Stumpy

Cozzie wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 pm Believe he is yes.

Him and Gomes the 2 that are earning north of 100K and thankfully both will be gone next season.
Fucking hell.
Only at everton could that happen
Goaljira

Surely we're not that stupid?
brap2

Oh my god please no
Bob Sacamano

*independent commission collective facepalm*
bigmanbob

£4.80 an hour, what's not to like
sam of the south

Even the romantic in me thinks that’s insane
Escla

On a free transfer , on a pay per play deal I would consider it.
Bluenose91

Surely we cant even be considering this unless he was willing to drop to about 10k a week.
Escla

Reckon that photo with Bale and Son is a couple of years old, Dele looks about 12 ?
AjaxAndy

Even when we could have actually played him without triggering his next clause he's not been available so I really don't see the logic in this at all.

Also I know it's been debated to death, but if we release him on a free and re-sign him I'm pretty sure Spurs will have that locked down as just being the same as a renewal and therefore will trigger another payment.

Unless Spurs write off any future fees and Dele signs a pay as you play then this is about as big a swerve as you can get.
PoD1878

Goaljira wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:23 am

Surely we're not that stupid?
bit from The Athletic...

Before his winter setback, Everton and Tottenham had been in discussions to amend the terms of the deal that brought him to Goodison Park in January 2022. Everton did not have to pay an immediate fee but it was agreed that a sum of £10million ($12.7m) would be due once he reached 20 appearances. He has made 13, only one of which was a start.

That deal, which effectively disincentivises playing him, has merely added a further layer of complication.

There is an acceptance that Dele’s well-being would be best served by playing the sport he loves, but the two clubs had not reached an agreement before his latest round of surgery.

Under the terms, a lump payment would also be owed to Spurs should Dele sign a contract extension this summer and remain at Everton. This is another key detail expected to be discussed between the clubs when negotiations resume.

Dele is keen to remain in the Premier League and make an impression at Goodison Park, while Everton are open to handing him a new deal. Nobody is prepared to rule him out of returning for pre-season.
Escla

We won’t reach an agreement with Spurs, he will leave us as a free agent, join Crystal Palace or similar and be back in the England squad within a year 😜
Last edited by Escla on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerryblueboy

Jesus wept we have no cop on at all
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic