Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Kerryblueboy

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

Template for our future business this great loan to Holland this guy is top notch
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Another storming performance. Towering.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
TheRam

For someone so young and inexperienced at this level, to play Antonio like he did is so impressive.

It’s the type of game a very good young defender struggles in.

Going right to the top and credit to the club for getting that contract sorted quickly so we can fetch top dollar for him.

Will be the hottest property in the game in a years time. Young, quick, strong, left footed. He has it all.
Cantoffee

Honestly reminds me of VVD. Dominant in the air, left footed, good with the ball at his feet but not Stones level, deceptively quick, very hard to get by. Also seems very casual at times but in a good way (VVD is the same) - that run where he and Antonio were in a foot race and Antonio fell and he walked away with the ball just seemed so easy. But Antonio bullies most defenders in that situation.
Audrey Horne

Was talking to someone who knew him very well a few weeks ago.

He almost left in the summer due to feeling very shit about things. He basically had no support and he was massively let down by the club.

Really hoping we have learnt our lesson there and we are now treating him better and more support etc

Likely to leave in the summer tbh or following one - but for big bucks now the contract is signed

Future City captain…. And England captain haha

I just pray he won’t go to Liverpool - with him being a kopite and best mates with Elliot.
Cozzie

Yeah the contract signing was key.

Next John Stones, with the calmness he possesses.
AjaxAndy

First wobbly performance against Palace, although I thought he was much improved second half.

Think it really helps having Tarks alongside him as I noticed after Branthwaite headed the ball in to a dangerous area he gave him a bit of a talking to.

Obviously Tarks needs to take some of his own advice given the second Palace goal, but overall I think he's a great mentor for Branthwaite and is someone who can guide him through a game when he's struggling a bit.

There'll be noticeable dips in form from Branthwaite over the season, but despite a shaky first half against Palace I think it's still very clear this kid is the real deal.
bigmanbob

He won't be the last defender tormented by Eze, all part of the learning curve
Shogun

Yeah the second half was encouraging. Compare what would have happened if that was Michael Keane
MIG

Great to get a bad performance in a win so there will be less pressure on him. Hopefully he can learn improve and move on.
4evablu

I thought he did exceptionally well under the circumstances. He's on 4 yellows another one and he's out of the manu game after a 2 week lay off from the premier league. I thought that was in the back of his mind at the start of the game and then he steadied himself down after "the pen".
Got a very cool head on his shoulders just still learning the "tricks of the trade" when playing against the likes of eze, salah etc.
WBFBTPL
Bluedylan1

I don't even really think it was a bad performance. Sometimes attacking players do really good things and you have to accept that, and recognise their talent.

Tarkowski's misjudgement was way worse than anything Branthwaite did. He had loads of time to think about it, and got it completely wrong, and gifted a goal away from quite a comfortable defensive position.
Shogun

4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:46 am I thought he did exceptionally well under the circumstances. He's on 4 yellows another one and he's out of the manu game after a 2 week lay off from the premier league. I thought that was in the back of his mind at the start of the game and then he steadied himself down after "the pen".
Got a very cool head on his shoulders just still learning the "tricks of the trade" when playing against the likes of eze, salah etc.
Next up is Man United H, Forest A, Newcastle H, Chelsea H.

Hopefully he picks up the 5th yellow card against United.
Bob Sacamano

Imagine him learning from a Yerry Mina type defender? Wishful thinking but just imagine it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic