Beto

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Juanito

Re: Beto

if you are 25 and still described as raw, its a warning sign. I'm suprised, I thought he looked exactly what we needed but he is technically worrying.
AjaxAndy

But weird a young untested player comes on when trying to see out a tight away game out.

Makes me wonder if Beto and Dyche have had a falling out. I imagine he came here expecting to start and instead is sitting on the bench watching a rejuvenated DCL absolutely bossing it.
Free Agent

It’s deferred payment. Wondering if we could just send him back to Udinese
Lazarou II

I'm shocked he is not the player I thought he is on FM23, how could they get it so wrong?
4evablu

Our style of play into our centre forward is/has mainly always been into feet/chest with back to goal from the cameos we’ve seen of Beto for me it should played into the channel or over the top for him to run onto.
His strength and speed should do the rest
WBFBTPL
AjaxAndy

Way too early to judge, takes players a while to settle and he's not had much game time.

I feel a whole lot happier if he's starting instead of Maupay even off the limited evidence we've had so far, so as far as a DCL backup goes I'm not concerned at this point
Kerryblueboy

Raw but has a bit about him great pace for the third goal
Plowman3

Difficult to handle for defenders. So long as he keeps getting into scoring position the goals will come.
Gary1878

He has serious pace and power, and actually his all round ability *can be* decent.

The one thing that we haven't seen much of is his finishing. But then he hasn't really played much in order to show that.

At the moment, he is doing what is expected of him. To be a good quality back up for DCL and to come in and make a difference when required. I think he has ticked that box so far.
Bluebridge

Gary1878 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:59 am He has serious pace and power, and actually his all round ability *can be* decent.

The one thing that we haven't seen much of is his finishing. But then he hasn't really played much in order to show that.

At the moment, he is doing what is expected of him. To be a good quality back up for DCL and to come in and make a difference when required. I think he has ticked that box so far.
ticks the box as backup, but don’t think he’ll stay to be backup. Then again, if DCL has a full season injury free then I’d imagine he’ll be sold in the summer.
Shogun

Even against Burnley I thought Beto looked rubbish tbh. Aside from the great play for the goal (although I think the Burnley defender was tragic), he had a stinker. Lashed one well over the bar from over 30 years. Completely fucked up a shot with the ball coming to him on the edge of the box. Seemed to open up his foot too much getting on the end of Patterson's lovely cross where I'd expect every striker to score.

I'd be fine with this type of rawness if he was 20 but at 25? He looks rough to me and not in a good way. Pray to God that DCL stays fit throughout the season.
Paddockoldie

4evablu wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:33 pm Our style of play into our centre forward is/has mainly always been into feet/chest with back to goal from the cameos we’ve seen of Beto for me it should played into the channel or over the top for him to run onto.
His strength and speed should do the rest
All day this post.
blueforyou

Raw, rough and ready, hopefully, to our advantage - no polish required

Bang 'em in, Beto!
superpull

Getting slightly upmarket Niasse vibes
AjaxAndy

superpull wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:41 pm Getting slightly upmarket Niasse vibes
Sort of agree here, but also he's a lot better imo. He's a 10 goal as season striker in Italy which means he does have something to his game that Niasse never had.

He's unorthodox and strong which will be wildly frustrating at times, and others he'll bully and confuse defenders in a effective way.

Got to just give him time to settle and I'm sure we'll see more of the good side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic