777 Partners Takeover

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cods

Re: 777 Partners Takeover

Even the smallest candle burns brighter in the dark, and it is better to light one than curse the darkness.
Bluedylan1

Cods wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:27 pm Even the smallest candle burns brighter in the dark, and it is better to light one than curse the darkness.
Is this about you, or the Esk? ;)

No, I think plenty of us on here have defended and supported the Esk when he's been critical of the club's operations and finances, and given hard truths when it's been unpopular.

But his behaviour is increasingly akin to a cross between snooty HR manager who ''knows more about the situation than you, but can't disclose anything more'' and a minor cult leader who's got an inflated sense of influence and ego.

He's said absolutely nothing that the mainstream media hasn't already reported during the week - Andy Bell and George Downing are working with MSP to potentially push through an alternative new ownership - but he has to couch all of it in vague terminology to imply that he knows what's going on, and the rest of the unwashed masses don't.

Just all gone to his head a bit.
Cods

Bluedylan1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 pm Is this about you, or the Esk? ;)

No, I think plenty of us on here have defended and supported the Esk when he's been critical of the club's operations and finances, and given hard truths when it's been unpopular.

But his behaviour is increasingly akin to a cross between snooty HR manager who ''knows more about the situation than you, but can't disclose anything more'' and a minor cult leader who's got an inflated sense of influence and ego.

He's said absolutely nothing that the mainstream media hasn't already reported during the week - Andy Bell and George Downing are working with MSP to potentially push through an alternative new ownership - but he has to couch all of it in vague terminology to imply that he knows what's going on, and the rest of the unwashed masses don't.

Just all gone to his head a bit.
Touche, lol. :)

For sure, and I'm not completely defending him, nor that familiar with him either, but from what I've read from his offerings most of it seems to be on point, detailed and out before anyone else, and changes the awareness about admittedly a dull-boring topic. Not bad from a solo operator-cum-agitator. I just find it odd that the tall poppy syndrome stuff (not everyone of course) occurs when there's little in the traditional media or elsewhere really that get as near in depth and raise important issues despite their, admittedly diminishing, resources. I'd like to see the abject laziness of the likes of the daily fail et al., (who seem to prefer to quote even less credible sources than themselves), more regularly attacked with the same vigour, which yes perhaps they would be if they had anything new to offer.

If he's arrogant or holier than thou, whatever, the criticisms are a bit too misdirected for me. I care less about his character than his assessments of the situation. And there's not a lot of competition for him in that space, and if there is more of it now he's likely the reason some of it exists.
Escla

Standard Liege match postponed last night because protesters agains 777 wouldn’t let the team bus leave the training ground.
Cereal Killer

Wasn’t that before the weekend?
Escla

Cereal Killer wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:38 am Wasn’t that before the weekend?
Oh you’re right, was Friday night but just reported today in The Guardian
TheRam

Cods wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:44 am Touche, lol. :)

For sure, and I'm not completely defending him, nor that familiar with him either, but from what I've read from his offerings most of it seems to be on point, detailed and out before anyone else, and changes the awareness about admittedly a dull-boring topic. Not bad from a solo operator-cum-agitator. I just find it odd that the tall poppy syndrome stuff (not everyone of course) occurs when there's little in the traditional media or elsewhere really that get as near in depth and raise important issues despite their, admittedly diminishing, resources. I'd like to see the abject laziness of the likes of the daily fail et al., (who seem to prefer to quote even less credible sources than themselves), more regularly attacked with the same vigour, which yes perhaps they would be if they had anything new to offer.

If he's arrogant or holier than thou, whatever, the criticisms are a bit too misdirected for me. I care less about his character than his assessments of the situation. And there's not a lot of competition for him in that space, and if there is more of it now he's likely the reason some of it exists.
The Esk isn’t the only person out there reporting on this stuff.

Josimar, with Paul brown and auclair have been reporting on it from the very start. A lot of what the Esk has reported is out there in other sources.

The Esk is an absolute idiot for saying administration is inevitable. It’s the type of hyperbole, attention seeking nonsense the mainstream media would get criticised for.

It’s a real possibility, but it isn’t inevitable.

He gets stick because he seems to think his voice is the most important one out there.

There’s been a lot of great in depth stuff out there from the likes of gulia bould from the bbc, the athletic, and even the echo are a lot better these days.

The Esk is just a random man on the internet. Putting your trust in random people on the internet is very, very dangerous.
Cods

TheRam wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am The Esk isn’t the only person out there reporting on this stuff.

Josimar, with Paul brown and auclair have been reporting on it from the very start. A lot of what the Esk has reported is out there in other sources.

The Esk is an absolute idiot for saying administration is inevitable. It’s the type of hyperbole, attention seeking nonsense the mainstream media would get criticised for.

It’s a real possibility, but it isn’t inevitable.

He gets stick because he seems to think his voice is the most important one out there.

There’s been a lot of great in depth stuff out there from the likes of gulia bould from the bbc, the athletic, and even the echo are a lot better these days.

The Esk is just a random man on the internet. Putting your trust in random people on the internet is very, very dangerous.
Yeah I know they're also reporting, that's why I said few others and not none.

The point I was trying to make is partly that I'm not sure they or others were saying much about Everton's balance sheet 3, 4 5 or so years ago.

Auclair has his take on wider football as a dodgy business (which I tend to agree with) so the Everton story is coming more and more into his wheelhouse, that's why he's interested. To my knowledge Josimar haven't really had reach or been interested in us that much prior 777. Guilia Bould is great but to be provided with that amount of access I'm not sure she's really allowed be as critical or as direct as she may wish to be, and certainly not as much as we've had from independents. Same for the Athletic. That's not how it works.

No one is putting complete faith in a random man on the internet, but he has an obvious ability to be able to interpret financial information and dissect and disseminate it to a largely ignorant audience.

If we're expecting an unablemished record from some random guy on the internet doing all his own work, and holding him to a standard then I expect professionals, those whose job it is to do investigative journalism to be held similarly, but also that the differences are acknowledged. The difference is the others are either incorporated, or affiliated with larger journalistic enterprises, and have used much of the Esks work, or noise around/from him, (as The Guardian has again recently, which they are want to do when a particular story gains a bit of traction/eyeballs) in order to sell their, or in some cases his thoughts.

The man is able to pull apart a balance sheet and a profit and loss statement and point out where issues are and might be. He's only hurting the club if he has actually earned some credibility over the years, and I'd say he has to some extent. If he's wrong about things, all power to the people (finally) having their 2p worth. It's probably about time.

More voices are better than fewer, and for the past decade or so no one's been getting swamped in volumes of distilled financial content around Everton Football Club.

Neither is he the messiah.
Trowel

The attention has definitely gone to his head recently resulting in some rash positions being taken, but The Esk gets credit for being the first person to loudly warn of the iceberg and the captain.

He was ridiculed for warning about PSR compliance and belt tightening as far back as around 2019, when many of us were still window shopping for Champions League players: https://theesk.org/2019/07/07/the-more- ... -the-same/

He started putting his (generally well researched) opinion on Moshiri out there way before the general media dared to get involved (post-Usmanov sanctions, when the gap in Everton's finances became a bit of an open goal).

Thankfully talented and better informed journalists are now all over this farce, but he was shouting about a lot of things way before any of us knew this ship was sinkable.
Trowel

Audrey Horne

Get him in prison.
Trowel

Struggling Premier League football club Everton has been offered a loan of as much as £150 million ($188 million) by GDA Luma Capital, a private equity firm specializing in distressed debt, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

The offer would help complete construction of the team’s new 53,000-capacity stadium in Liverpool’s Bramley docks and is subject to due diligence, one of the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.

PoD1878

Trowel wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:35 am Struggling Premier League football club Everton has been offered a loan of as much as £150 million ($188 million) by GDA Luma Capital, a private equity firm specializing in distressed debt, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

The offer would help complete construction of the team’s new 53,000-capacity stadium in Liverpool’s Bramley docks and is subject to due diligence, one of the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.

wasn't it reported a few weeks ago that 777 were asking them to put up some money
Trowel

Escla

WTF ! How is it the current owners decision when the PL have so far refused to permit the takeover ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic