James Garner

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: James Garner

CraigS... wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:03 pm Greaves is a player we should be going for asap ( last season would have been better )

Just like https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cd13p97znw4o good luck signing him this season but we could have signed him last season
I think you'll probably find most fans are well well well on board with signing good champ players these days, and probably even see it as a return to our old ways under Moyes.

I know there was a short period there of your sigs and bolasies were some maybe had dreams of higher aspirations but I think these days most would be just happy to be involved and hear we were able to spend money on a footballer.

Squad is going to be a lot poorer next year, we are going to need a lot of work and some of it needs to be good value with upside for us to even continue at this level.
Bluedylan1

Remember quite a few on here chastising us for worrying about age profiles of players we were signing, and worrying about resale values, and the classic ''it's not your money''.
777Kidnappings

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 pm Remember quite a few on here chastising us for worrying about age profiles of players we were signing, and worrying about resale values, and the classic ''it's not your money''.

Jesus we've got a billionaire accountant. Think he knows more than you about this stuff
Bluedylan1

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:24 pm Jesus we've got a billionaire accountant. Think he knows more than you about this stuff
Yeah that was often the argument given. That worked out great. Wasn't just me btw. Loads of other people expressing alarm at what we were doing. Maybe yourself included, I don't know.

I think a lot of people have the false assumption that very rich people are much better/brighter than they are, as opposed to them being either infinitely more fortunate and privileged and/or completely unscrupulous and willing to do whatever it takes to accrue wealth. It's a huge problem in British society generally, the levels of deference to wealth/class.
TheRam

“It’s not your money so why are you arsed”

As we go and spend £50m on Cenk tosun and Theo Walcott.

This is why we were arsed.
777Kidnappings

Bluedylan1 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:36 pm Yeah that was often the argument given. That worked out great. Wasn't just me btw. Loads of other people expressing alarm at what we were doing. Maybe yourself included, I don't know.

I think a lot of people have the false assumption that very rich people are much better/brighter than they are, as opposed to them being either infinitely more fortunate and privileged and/or completely unscrupulous and willing to do whatever it takes to accrue wealth. It's a huge problem in British society generally, the levels of deference to wealth/class.
Don't think there's anything wrong with assuming an expert might know better but we were so far off with what we were doing I think we all would have known but for some being blinded by hope and ambition. Its not even just the spending and the profile. We weren't getting value. We weren't getting proven quality. We spent crazy money on players top sides would never want or who'd already failed at that level

We had an awful plan we couldnt afford anyway then implemented it awfully.
Bluedylan1

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:51 pm Don't think there's anything wrong with assuming an expert might know better but we were so far off with what we were doing I think we all would have known but for some being blinded by hope and ambition. Its not even just the spending and the profile. We weren't getting value. We weren't getting proven quality. We spent crazy money on players top sides would never want or who'd already failed at that level

We had an awful plan we couldnt afford anyway then implemented it awfully.
Oh expertise is always to be valued and cherished. The deferential assumption that insanely rich people must know what they're doing and have access to the secrets of the universe is definitely not.
Toddacelli

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:24 pm Jesus we've got a billionaire accountant. Think he knows more than you about this stuff
Yup. This was my line. For a while. I genuinely thought he’d have to stumble across some success with the money he was spending. Horrible, horrible recruiting. Almost feels like if you were wilfully trying to destroy the club you wouldn’t have done a better job.
777Kidnappings

Toddacelli wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:06 pm Yup. This was my line. For a while. I genuinely thought he’d have to stumble across some success with the money he was spending. Horrible, horrible recruiting. Almost feels like if you were wilfully trying to destroy the club you wouldn’t have done a better job.
Yeah be hard to have done worse with the money. In fairness to moshiri as inept as he was others helped waste all that money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic