New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
bigmanbob

Re: New Everton Stadium at Bramley Moore Dock

Sat on a wooden seat only being able to see the right hand side of the park end goal on Saturday, with my legs constantly going numb due to the lack of leg room made me long for BMD
Gary1878

Say want you want about Moshiri - he’s crap at accounting, he’s run the club into the ground, mismanagement, mad as a box of frogs etc etc etc.

But this stadium design and build that he has largely overseen will go down as a massively positive legacy should we come through this financial period.

It’s a stadium that is so ambitious that it’s any wonder how it even got off the ground and through budgeting. In fact, there’s no way that it could have got through any sort of rationale budgeting without Moshiri driving this each step of the way.

It needed someone off the scale nuts (in a business sense), with an unlimited budget, and no sense of rationale financial thinking to create this masterpiece for a club of our size.

It’s so extreme it is nearly bankrupting the very club that it was being built for. it’s almost reminiscent of a king or emperor having an unlimited budget. There have been some completely crazy projects on Earth through the millennia, and it takes someone of that kind of irrational ambition and drive to make it happen.

Contrast this to Kenwright who wanted to build a bowl miles away with a Tesco attached.

I wonder if history might look back at Moshiri with a better viewpoint and suggest that his incredible risk taking with our club finally paid off with a stadium befitting of any top football club in the world.

We of course have to now contend with Moshiris recklessness and hope that these risks he has taken with us will pay off for the long term and future generations.
Deano Blue Boy

I was debating with my mate last night.

Would you rather a relegation dog fight at Goodison or Bramley Moore?
brap2

Deano Blue Boy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 am I was debating with my mate last night.

Would you rather a relegation dog fight at Goodison or Bramley Moore?

Goodison hands down.

Champions league semi at Bramley tho.
Phillyt

Gary1878 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 12:03 pm Say want you want about Moshiri - he’s crap at accounting, he’s run the club into the ground, mismanagement, mad as a box of frogs etc etc etc.

But this stadium design and build that he has largely overseen will go down as a massively positive legacy should we come through this financial period.

It’s a stadium that is so ambitious that it’s any wonder how it even got off the ground and through budgeting. In fact, there’s no way that it could have got through any sort of rationale budgeting without Moshiri driving this each step of the way.

It needed someone off the scale nuts (in a business sense), with an unlimited budget, and no sense of rationale financial thinking to create this masterpiece for a club of our size.

It’s so extreme it is nearly bankrupting the very club that it was being built for. it’s almost reminiscent of a king or emperor having an unlimited budget. There have been some completely crazy projects on Earth through the millennia, and it takes someone of that kind of irrational ambition and drive to make it happen.

Contrast this to Kenwright who wanted to build a bowl miles away with a Tesco attached.

I wonder if history might look back at Moshiri with a better viewpoint and suggest that his incredible risk taking with our club finally paid off with a stadium befitting of any top football club in the world.

We of course have to now contend with Moshiris recklessness and hope that these risks he has taken with us will pay off for the long term and future generations.
Your point about history being kind to Moshiri is bang on. I’ve said it numerous times.

If we get there in the Pl and start moving forward then in 10-15 years time Moshiri will be hugely popular with evertonians. He does need to move on from 777 car crash but if he does then farhad will be looked back on with much more fondness than his predecessors.
Sirblue57

Phillyt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:57 pm Your point about history being kind to Moshiri is bang on. I’ve said it numerous times.

If we get there in the Pl and start moving forward then in 10-15 years time Moshiri will be hugely popular with evertonians. He does need to move on from 777 car crash but if he does then farhad will be looked back on with much more fondness than his predecessors.
A low recent bar tbh
Toffee1

Blueomar

Toffee1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 pm
I wonder if they're interested in owning a football club. :(
Goaljira

My brother is staying in the titanic and has sent me pictures of his view from his room. So jealous.

One thing stood out though - the cladding is taking about as long as it took to do the towers on the park end. Surely we're not using the same company?
Trowel

Two of the most positive things about this club

Audrey Horne

He is brilliant isnt he hahah
MexicanToffee

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but do we have an actual number on how many seats could be added to the ground if they were to explore expanding the capacity? Considering our huge waiting list for season tickets you would expect at least a proposal to have been considered…. or perhaps not considering how distinctional our club is.
HANNU

Goaljira wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:38 pm My brother is staying in the titanic and has sent me pictures of his view from his room. So jealous.

One thing stood out though - the cladding is taking about as long as it took to do the towers on the park end. Surely we're not using the same company?
cladding company went bust didnt it
HANNU

MexicanToffee wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:11 pm Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before but do we have an actual number on how many seats could be added to the ground if they were to explore expanding the capacity? Considering our huge waiting list for season tickets you would expect at least a proposal to have been considered…. or perhaps not considering how distinctional our club is.
i might be wrong but am sure i heard this is the maximum they can do on this site
Cods

Don't know if this was the latest, but Colin Chong in the guardian was quoted in 2018 saying that it could go bigger but would require more design work. My recollection was that the standing sections, if approved, might have allowed for more as well ... might be wrong on that one

“At this stage, it is important to stress that this is our proposed capacity [52,000] and it is what we are currently working towards. The final capacity and design will be subject to further engagement and consultation. We believe that our approach is the right one because it is commercially and financially sustainable and will mean that, in the long term, we will be able to increase the capacity should there be a demand and requirement to do so.”

Chong added: “At this stage it is not possible to say if and when any capacity expansion to an absolute maximum of 62,000 would take place. That would also be subject to further design work, fan and community consultation and planning approval.”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic