Non league football

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
TheRam

Non league football

Immense end of the season for non league football in Merseyside.

Prescot cables just beat bootle in the play off semi where they will play city of liverpool in the final.

Marine continue to boss it since that spurs game and face Macclesfield in their final. Would be great to see them get promoted yet again. They’ve used that money from the fa cup brilliantly.

Fully recommended getting involved. It’s been great to see marine in the rise and I’ve been to bootle quite a bit this season also and they went from 13th in January right to the play offs. Even had a cheeky point deduction to make sure us blues feel at home.
CannockPricey

Re: Non league football

Macclesfield v Marine is going to be one hell of a gate for a seventh tier play off.

I watch a fair bit of non league round the Midlands and Tamworth have done exceptionally to win back to back titles to get into the National League. That's going to be very tough next season. Honourable mentions also to Hednesford averaging the highest gates in the league as they sealed back to back relegations. I live up the hill from there so fingers crossed under new owners they can get back on track.
Alvechurch a bit further afield but a good welcome and always fun to watch a game on the side of a mountain.
Walsall Wood deserve a nod for a hundred year old stand and me and my youngest daughter's favourite, Sporting Khalsa where you can get fresh vegetable samosas as a half time alternative to the usual fare. Little un describes herself as supporting "Everton and Sporting Khalsa and the ladies as well". More than once this season she has clapped them off and fist bumped every player regardless of the result.

Last season a super season ticket there was £140 for an adult which got you all twenty one mens home league games plus all the women's fixtures too.

Totally agree with TheRam. On blank weekends or Saturdays when Everton play Sunday/Monday, get round some of your non league clubs. You'll end up having a soft spot for someone.
biziclop

When I used to live nearby, I always went to Halifax home games, now they're back in the National League but always come unstuck in the promotion play-offs. Although this year was a bit of a farce because Gateshead(?) was thrown out of the play-offs for an unsuitable ground and instead of their original opponents getting a by, someone else got it. Which meant they rescheduled the other fixture so Halifax had to play something like 5 games in 12 days and guess what, they didn't win the last one.
cassius

I sometimes go to watch Highgate who are in the 9th tier? Maybe even lower than that, in the Midland Football League anyway.

They needed to beat Bewdley 12-0 on the final day of the season to make the playoffs.

They won 12-0. Absolutely no brown paper bags in sight.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-32629623
Toffee1

CannockPricey

Oh Marine!
TheRam

CannockPricey wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:36 pm Oh Marine!
What a fucking win.
Toffee1

CannockPricey

TheRam wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm What a fucking win.
Don't think you could have a tougher final than Macclesfield away. Terrific achievement that. Southport on Boxing day and new year?
CannockPricey

Marine won away at Macclesfield, Leamington away at Telford, Enfield away at Chatham and the Southern League South final has gone to pens.

In a structure designed to benefit higher placed teams with home advantage, hats off to all the away teams for giving it a right go today.

Not found the Macclesfield gate yet but will be surprised if it isn't a step 3 record.

*Totton v Salisbury is actually in extra time and not pens.

And Salisbury did win on pens in the end so all four finals went the way of the away side in the end.
Last edited by CannockPricey on Mon May 06, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crackling

We were at the game and I think it was a sellout.
Great result and a fun day out.
CannockPricey

Macclesfield gate given as 5,329 which might not be far off the capacity these days. Amazing for that level of football anyway.
TheRam

Marine have announced they’re looking to raise £5m for a new stadium that will hold around 3-4K.

They’re really going for it now. Going to be great to see how far they can go. It will be tough but there’s potential there for an EFL team in the long term.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic