He was indeed out of position
Jimmywhack

Re: Ben Godfrey

All these last ditch tackles look great
They are last ditch for a reason tho..... hes not where he should be
Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
TheRam

Fair to say some of them aren’t a result of him being out of position and his recovery pace is a great asset to have?
Toddacelli

Saw a pic of Pienaar on the socials with that t-shirt shot, but altered to say ‘Godfrey Is Great’. Gave me a giggle. Wanted to share but you can’t put pics on here unless they’re under 9k
brap2

TheRam wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:23 pm Fair to say some of them aren’t a result of him being out of position and his recovery pace is a great asset to have?
His recovery pace is great to have definitely, feel a lot more comfortable squeezing up.

But the recovery tackle thing, in particular the very eye catching ones, I'd honestly say if you did a review you are going to see him out of position, not checking his shoulder on all of them.

The only one I'm not sure of is the one the week earlier because he looked like he made up a lot of ground and it's not like there was anyone else ok the defensive line.
Cods

Against Spurs he was full Zoolander calmly looking out wide at who had the ball that he had to chase down.

And then in true rope-a-dope style, gave his opposite number a head start, and confidence, only to reign him and slide tackle with an air of consummate ease.

Is it about Ben?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic