Dyche at Goodison

5 Wins
2 Draws
9 Losses

11 GF
22 GA
Bluedylan1

Re: Dyche

The results at home don't reflect some of the performances.

I do feel like the first goal at home is massive under Dyche, and we've often conceded it and our game isn't setup to chase a game and get back into it.

We get the first goal, and most of the time I feel like we can see it out.

I wish we weren't so reliant on scoring first, but it is what it is.
TheRam

We did enough to win tonight.

Just didn’t take our chances. I’ve rarely seen Dom miss chances like he had tonight and their first two goals were a moment of insane quality and a penalty.

His football is frustrating at times but he can look at the numbers and argue it’s working so we just have to go with it.
Shogun

Shogun wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:15 pm Dyche at Goodison

5 Wins
2 Draws
9 Losses

11 GF
22 GA
Just to add a bit of context to this

Juanito

Thought we were desperately unlucky on Sunday, the XG on Garnacho's goal v Doucoure, McNiel, DCL in first half alone could have changed things dramatically - I am not Dyche's biggest fan but I think he is making progress and he himself is developing as a coach.
TheRam

The issues at home go beyond the manager at this club.

I think a lot of players struggle infront of our fans, especially as every game seems to be a must win over the last two years.
Shogun

I concede that our xG at home should have yielded better results and it's not like the manager is at fault for players missing good chances.

As soon as we go a goal down though, any semblance of tactics and attempts to control the play is abandoned. The main strategy is to get it into the front players as quickly as possible. That's not me complaining about long balls or ceding the possession, my complaint is that there's just not a lot of belief in this squad that they believe they can play through teams and it's even worse if we concede the first goal. There's a desperation to the way we play and it's a part of the reason our home results (where we're less able to stay back and counter) are so poor.
Bluedylan1

TheRam wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:10 pm The issues at home go beyond the manager at this club.

I think a lot of players struggle infront of our fans, especially as every game seems to be a must win over the last two years.
Agreed.
Shogun wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:17 pm I concede that our xG at home should have yielded better results and it's not like the manager is at fault for players missing good chances.

As soon as we go a goal down though, any semblance of tactics and attempts to control the play is abandoned. The main strategy is to get it into the front players as quickly as possibly. That's not me complaining about long balls or ceding the possession, my complaint is that there's just not a lot of belief in this squad that they believe they can play through teams and it's even worse if we concede the first goal. There's a desperation to the way we play and it's a part of the reason our home results (where we're less able to stay back and counter) are so poor.
Agreed.
brap2

Reckon the manager does have something to do with the underperformance myself.
The Doc

We do flap it and get overly desperate when we go a goal down.
MmmBlueBranthwaite

Dyche Ball is a horrible horrible thing but it works at times. Enough to keep us up perhaps.
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
MmmBlueBranthwaite

The big question for me is if we stay up, get some stability and some money to improve the squad. Does elite dyche ball exist or does he attempt to play 'better football' with a better group of players?
Farming karma like the Dalai Llama
Cods

Hmm. One step at a time. Big if.

It really shows how our work rate and off the ball has improved so much, from ridiculous to sublime. We're a unit, we fight, we're not flashy, can't keep hold of it, but we're yet to give in after going 1 down which was commonplace last season.
Cods

There's a lot of shit teams that have weaknesses that we should be able to exploit, and beat.

Little bit more quality and we'd be quite ok.
AjaxAndy

MmmBlueBranthwaite wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 pm The big question for me is if we stay up, get some stability and some money to improve the squad. Does elite dyche ball exist or does he attempt to play 'better football' with a better group of players?
That seems like such a long way away I'm not even questioning it tbh. We just need to survive this season as we may we'll get hit with another points deduction... I'd take any form of survival as the target right now (which I think he'll achieve).

Just want to see some foundations built which he's already doing but without the upheaval of everything going on externally... If he can build something where we become a genuine mid table team over the next few seasons that's all I'd ask of someone.

What comes after that is too far away to worry about imo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic