Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
4evablu

Re: Dyche

Dyche cost us the win on saturday with his refusal to make changes earlier on in the game - Young shoulda been off much much earlier - gana did well to not get a second yellow but meant he was lesss effective with 15 minutes to go he was knackered as was harrison. For me patterson for young probably at half time- with 20 minutes to go gana out doucs drops back - about the same time harrison out danjouma in...
WBFBTPL
777Kidnappings

4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:08 pm Dyche cost us the win on saturday with his refusal to make changes earlier on in the game - Young shoulda been off much much earlier - gana did well to not get a second yellow but meant he was lesss effective with 15 minutes to go he was knackered as was harrison. For me patterson for young probably at half time- with 20 minutes to go gana out doucs drops back - about the same time harrison out danjouma in...
Totally agree. Sure we've been circling the drain for a couple of years now. Sure Brighton are very good. Sure we restricted them to the square route of nothing chance wise.... none of that matters when that cross loops up off young and into the net.... 100% the managers fault. Worse still he refuses to learn. Reminds me of the time last season when he didn't realise Holgate was a moron quickly enough and he got sent off. Same with his bloody gravelly voice that annoys us (he's still using it)
He'll never be loved here like super Frank and blue bill and rightly so
Bluebridge

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:39 pm
4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:08 pm Dyche cost us the win on saturday with his refusal to make changes earlier on in the game - Young shoulda been off much much earlier - gana did well to not get a second yellow but meant he was lesss effective with 15 minutes to go he was knackered as was harrison. For me patterson for young probably at half time- with 20 minutes to go gana out doucs drops back - about the same time harrison out danjouma in...
Totally agree. Sure we've been circling the drain for a couple of years now. Sure Brighton are very good. Sure we restricted them to the square route of nothing chance wise.... none of that matters when that cross loops up off young and into the net.... 100% the managers fault. Worse still he refuses to learn. Reminds me of the time last season when he didn't realise Holgate was a moron quickly enough and he got sent off. Same with his bloody gravelly voice that annoys us (he's still using it)
He'll never be loved here like super Frank and blue bill and rightly so
And your previous username was?……….
AjaxAndy

Grrr Dyche cost us the 3 points he very nearly earned us with his tactical setup that got us a point against a much better team whilst restricting them to no goal scoring opportunities and only not winning because of a flukey deflection grr
NickNack

For all you know he could have saved us from defeat by not subjecting Patterson to getting his arse roasted for 45 minutes by Mitoma 🤷‍♂️

Pure speculation on your part - Patterson has promise but has shown little defensively to suggest he’d have handled Mitoma.
Kerryblueboy

3 games in a week though lads and he has options on the bench why not use them is that not a fair question to ask
superpull

Because they may not be actual feasible stand-ins for a winning formula?

Coming out the match, the frustration was justifiable and it was natural to look for "a reason".

But in the cold light of day, and after sleeping on it, the only objective opinion to hold is that it was just one of those shitty turns of luck ruining the (up until that point) working game plan.

One day the worm will turn and we'll benefit from some luck
Kerryblueboy

We weren’t looking for like for like skillset just fresh legs for pressing and getting in behind them
Escla

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:14 pm Grrr Dyche cost us the 3 points he very nearly earned us with his tactical setup that got us a point against a much better team whilst restricting them to no goal scoring opportunities and only not winning because of a flukey deflection grr
If only we had a like button !
AjaxAndy

Escla wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:03 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:14 pm Grrr Dyche cost us the 3 points he very nearly earned us with his tactical setup that got us a point against a much better team whilst restricting them to no goal scoring opportunities and only not winning because of a flukey deflection grr
If only we had a like button !
😍
4evablu

NickNack wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:52 pm
For all you know he could have saved us from defeat by not subjecting Patterson to getting his arse roasted for 45 minutes by Mitoma 🤷‍♂️

Pure speculation on your part - Patterson has promise but has shown little defensively to suggest he’d have handled Mitoma.
What’s speculation about putting fresh legs on ? For all we know Patterson might of gone more offensive than young pushing mitoma back to defend and he wouldn’t of been there to cross the ball and get the deflection that resulted in the draw
but that’s pure speculation on my part !
WBFBTPL
NickNack

4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:09 pm

What’s speculation about putting fresh legs on ? For all we know Patterson might of gone more offensive than young pushing mitoma back to defend and he wouldn’t of been there to cross the ball and get the deflection that resulted in the draw
Assuming the outcome would have been different with those fresh legs is speculation, no-one knows what the result would have been.

Saying Dyche cost us the win when the plan had worked for 85 out of 95 minutes until we conceded an absolute fluke of a goal just seems an odd statement to me. Fresh legs might have worked, they might not have. If they didn’t work out there’d have been posts on here blaming Dyche for changing it! 🤷‍♂️
TheRam

Everyone in the park end could see something was coming from mitoma.

He should have made a change on that flank.

Will be interesting to see how the squad copes in December and January especially if he have the league cup semi to contend with.
Escla

NickNack wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm

Assuming the outcome would have been different with those fresh legs is speculation, no-one knows what the result would have been.

Saying Dyche cost us the win when the plan had worked for 85 out of 95 minutes until we conceded an absolute fluke of a goal just seems an odd statement to me. Fresh legs might have worked, they might not have. If they didn’t work out there’d have been posts on here blaming Dyche for changing it! 🤷‍♂️
Have a like !
4evablu

Escla wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:18 pm
NickNack wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm

Have a like !
i think you've just contradicted yourself their mate. Thats what specualtion is isn't it ?
But we'll never know will we because he didn't do it did he ? so its all speculation. Facts are mitoma was tearing a new one out of young. The team as a whole was tiring that was plain to see. They put fresh legs on against a tiring team and it obviously made a difference to their play and strategy. Everyone in the ground could see a break through was on the cards we were practically camped in our own half most of the second half and it came no matter how flukey it was and it came from the obvious source that was plain for all to see.
Dyche has a tendency to not make changes or if he does its very late in the game and IMO it's a dangerous strategy when you have a tiring side expected to not concede for 90+ mins when the possession is well in favour of the opposition.
Not assumption or speculation for me just logic.
WBFBTPL
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic