Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gary1878

Re: Dyche

I think the most pleasing thing is that consistency of performances have improved. There are a lot more 7/10 performances in the team now every week - Pickford, Branthwaite, Garner, Tark, Harrison, McNeil - they provide a solid platform for the team to be competitive in each game.

There are lots of areas of the first team and squad that need improving - especially areas like the full backs and we need a lot more depth everywhere. But that will come in time.

The main thing is getting the overhang of FFP out of the way. Once that is gone, and the punishment (whatever that might be) is delivered, we can all get on with making this club better again.
NickNack

I was horrified we’d sunk to the level of needing someone like Dyche at the club but now I genuinely think he’s the best fit to sort us out and take us forward.

If the day comes when we can start looking higher up the table with some consistency he should absolutely be given the chance to show what he can do with better players. If it doesn’t work out then, we can look elsewhere.
Sir Stealth

He is starting to win me over now Dyche. Have to recognise that he has got a majorly tough job on his hands. I did ignore the generally good numbers when we were losing games and wanted him gone if I’m being honest - which in hindsight was a massive over reaction

I’ve been listening to this BBC Sounds podcast ‘Everton - Nothing Will Be The Same’ which looks inside the club last season - and we are in a much stronger position now then we were at the end of the season

To think we went into that last game against Bournemouth with no real striker and no full backs is mental. We actually did really well to stay up with what we were working with

Personnel wise - Branthwaite and Garner being brought into the line up as regular starters has had a massive effect - 2 really good young players. Add to this Patterson who will hopefully become a regular this season

The striker issue seems much better now - DCL back fit is massive for us. But also in terms of back up now we have Beto for the immediate - now he may have not had the perfect start but he’s got enough about him to be a good option for us, he’s got stuff to learn but he’s got pace and power and look at his desire last night - he was desperate to make an impact and he did. Also Chermiti for the future

Other signings wise - Harrison looks good, no brainer as a loan for the season and him, DCL and McNeil are a front 3 that function well. Young - though I don’t want him starting as much as he has done is at least extra depth as full back and a player who is generally fit to play. Danjuma is likely not gonna work out but again at least we haven’t committed to paying a big fee for him

Another note for a few players in good form - Doucoure seems vital to this team now, chips in with goals and works his arse off. Onana looks settled and is showing us what he can do, and it’s been good to see Mykolenko back and defending well.

Style wise - made me realise with how Burnley played last night - that’s just not our style, our fans would not have the patience for it. What Dyche sets out to do is allow very few clear cut chances against us and make sure that we make goalscoring chances ourselves and for the most part sacrifice the majority of possession in almost every game - it isn’t pretty but it can be effective.

I said when he first came to the club that if he can get us into this new stadium as a more settled outfit and ready to hand the club over to a more progressive manager with the squad in a better state - then he’s done a job and I will be grateful to Sean Dyche for the job he has done. And I think (and hope) that he is on schedule to achieve this
Gary1878

Sir Stealth wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:14 am He is starting to win me over now Dyche. Have to recognise that he has got a majorly tough job on his hands. I did ignore the generally good numbers when we were losing games and wanted him gone if I’m being honest - which in hindsight was a massive over reaction

I’ve been listening to this BBC Sounds podcast ‘Everton - Nothing Will Be The Same’ which looks inside the club last season - and we are in a much stronger position now then we were at the end of the season

To think we went into that last game against Bournemouth with no real striker and no full backs is mental. We actually did really well to stay up with what we were working with

Personnel wise - Branthwaite and Garner being brought into the line up as regular starters has had a massive effect - 2 really good young players. Add to this Patterson who will hopefully become a regular this season

The striker issue seems much better now - DCL back fit is massive for us. But also in terms of back up now we have Beto for the immediate - now he may have not had the perfect start but he’s got enough about him to be a good option for us, he’s got stuff to learn but he’s got pace and power and look at his desire last night - he was desperate to make an impact and he did. Also Chermiti for the future

Other signings wise - Harrison looks good, no brainer as a loan for the season and him, DCL and McNeil are a front 3 that function well. Young - though I don’t want him starting as much as he has done is at least extra depth as full back and a player who is generally fit to play. Danjuma is likely not gonna work out but again at least we haven’t committed to paying a big fee for him

Another note for a few players in good form - Doucoure seems vital to this team now, chips in with goals and works his arse off. Onana looks settled and is showing us what he can do, and it’s been good to see Mykolenko back and defending well.

Style wise - made me realise with how Burnley played last night - that’s just not our style, our fans would not have the patience for it. What Dyche sets out to do is allow very few clear cut chances against us and make sure that we make goalscoring chances ourselves and for the most part sacrifice the majority of possession in almost every game - it isn’t pretty but it can be effective.

I said when he first came to the club that if he can get us into this new stadium as a more settled outfit and ready to hand the club over to a more progressive manager with the squad in a better state - then he’s done a job and I will be grateful to Sean Dyche for the job he has done. And I think (and hope) that he is on schedule to achieve this
Great post - If I could like it, then I would!
Shogun

I know today isn't a bad point against a team like Brighton but my god, I'm tired of watching us at Goodison.

Under Dyche so far in the league:

Home W5 D2 L8 (Aston Villa, Fulham x2, Newcastle, Man City, Wolves, Arsenal, Luton)
Away W3 D6 L5 (Liverpool x2, Arsenal, Man United, Aston Villa)
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:48 pm I know today isn't a bad point against a team like Brighton but my god, I'm tired of watching us at Goodison.

Under Dyche so far in the league:

Home W5 D2 L8 (Aston Villa, Fulham x2, Newcastle, Man City, Wolves, Arsenal, Luton)
Away W3 D6 L5 (Liverpool x2, Arsenal, Man United, Aston Villa)
It wasn't pretty and I doubt it was enjoyable for anyone at the game... I could handle it on the TV but understand anyone paying to go to the match would find it a whole lot less palatable.

Hopefully against weaker teams at home we can be a bit more fluid and on the front foot, today was never going to be that as we'd have been torn apart by playing right in to Brighton's hands.

Does raise the question though of how long will Dyche be backed by the match going fans. I'd imagine until we go on a bad run and then there'll be very little leeway given because of the style of football.
MayorFarnham

We now have a coach that pays attention to coaching. Something we've all wanted. Results are decent and we're no push over anymore.
superpull

Nah, I can get behind this football.

Dark nights, players running through brick walls, crowd getting noisier and baying every decision.

We snuck a second or didn't lose out to actual bad luck then that's a tremendous evening.
Cods

It's good that we've now got a pulse. A bit like what Moyes built over time with initial defensive solidity and effort, hopefully the flair to come in the right situations. Not a quick fix but at least there's a method and a discipline to it.
Blueomar

Cods wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:14 pm It's good that we've now got a pulse. A bit like what Moyes built over time with initial defensive solidity and effort, hopefully the flair to come in the right situations. Not a quick fix but at least there's a method and a discipline to it.
We’re building something here, all the pieces matter!
The Doc

I'm really enjoying watching a competent team, regardless of the style of play. There's clarity in what we're trying to do and we look well coached to do it.

The last 3 years has been so bad, just enjoy the signs of improvement for now.
NickNack

Step 1 - be harder to beat
Step 2 - get somewhere near safety
Step 3 - try and play a bit more actual footy

The above would do me after the last 2/3 years and there’s no doubt we’re harder to beat - and not playing any worse than when we were conceding scores of shots per game under Frank Lampard
Shogun

https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1720778641062191524
Bluedylan1

Just wish so many of our managers didn't resort automatically to the cliché of "one thing Evertonians like is hard graft, and if you can play a bit of footie on top of that it's a bonus".

It's all a bit simple and reductive.

Having said that, even with his limitations, Dyche is doing a good job given all the chaos going on above him and around him. Not been an easy time and a lot of others would've struggled.
superpull

Bluedylan1 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 am Just wish so many of our managers didn't resort automatically to the cliché of "one thing Evertonians like is hard graft, and if you can play a bit of footie on top of that it's a bonus".

It's all a bit simple and reductive.

Having said that, even with his limitations, Dyche is doing a good job given all the chaos going on above him and around him. Not been an easy time and a lot of others would've struggled.
It's demonstrably true though.

The crowd is definitely on their feet and urging a battling team on whilst biting their finger nails and audibly stressing when we try to outpass a press in our own half.

Obviously when the latter works the crowd are appreciative. But there's no better place than Goodison getting involved in the fight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic